Welcome to the best mods for Starkiller, the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for SWGoH characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every character I write about extensively. These are mod recommendations based on the character’s kit and actual gameplay to help you in your quest to dominate the Galaxy of Heroes holotables.
Today’s character to review mods for will be Starkiller. A non-canon character who is the main character from the popular Star Wars: The Force Unleashed video game, Starkiller was the son of two slain Jedi Knights and raised as Darth Vader’s secret apprentice. He fits into the Unaligned Force User faction in-game, and does not have a Leader ability, but has two uniques and three abilities with Grand Arena-focused Omicron upgrades. Let’s take a look at the best mods for Starkiller to make him more effective on your roster.
Main Focus: Speed. While the developers continue to try to shy away from the need for huge Speed on characters in SWGoH, it is still the necessary evil of Galaxy of Heroes at the time of this writing. There really is no getting away from Speed, and Starkiller has a solid 162 base Speed which should be built on given he is an Attacker. I do not recommend a set of four Speed mods, however, just make sure you have very good to great Speed secondary stats to boost Starkiller.
Additional Areas to Focus: Potency, Offense, Critical Chance, Critical Damage and survivability in the form Health. Potency is very important to Startkiller as he can land Shock on his basic and multiple debuffs on his Boundless Force Throw special. Offensively, like Boba Fett, Scion of Jango, Starkiller has a mid to upper-mid Physical Damage stat, but because both deal damage twice on their basics, the higher Physical Damage stat is not as necessary. Given his high Physical Critical Chance (53.17% at Gear 13, 87.08% at Relic 9) and increasing Critical Damage with each Relic level, Starkiller is a great character to use those high end CD mods on. Finally the main survivability stat to focus on should be Health given how impactful it can be to his kit. His Size Means Nothing granted special deals damage equal to 80% of Starkiller’s Max Health which has the potential to be huge since Starkiller has 65k Health (before mods) at Relic 9.
In-game Mod Recommendations: Health and Critical Damage. I am pleased to report that I correctly predicted the dev recommendations since these stats fit his kit so well.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Starkiller:
The “ideal mod setup” can be interpreted a few different ways. If you target Speed, Critical Damage, Critical Chance, Health, Offense and Potency stats through the mods you should be able to maximize his abilities. Here are my recommendations for the best mods for Starkiller:
- Transmitter (Square) – Critical Damage mod with offense primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, potency and offense or critical chance
- Receiver (Arrow) – Health mod with speed primary and a secondary focus on health, potency, offense and critical chance
- Processor (Diamond) – Critical Damage mod with defense primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, potency and offense or critical chance
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Health mod with critical damage primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, potency and offense or critical chance
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Critical Damage mod with health primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, potency and offense or critical chance
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Critical Damage mod with health, potency or offense primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, potency and offense or critical chance