Welcome to another article in our series about Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for individual characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for will be the Captain Phasma. One of the leaders of the First Order, this Dark Side Support character grants allies turn meter and slows opponents down with her AOE. In addition, she is one of the best leaders in the game for any squad, made even better by a Zeta on Captain Phasma’s Leader Ability which makes her First Order allies even more effective with additional attacks.
Main Focus: While every character needs speed (yes, I do say this every time because it is true), Captain Phasma seems best-used with huge speed numbers. In Smithie D’s video of Heroic AAT dominance by the First Order, the mod setup for Captain Phasma is shown to have 200+ speed using health and critical damage mods. While that is not the route I recommend, focus first on speed and please read on.
Additional Areas to Focus: Potency and Critical Chance are the other areas of focus. Her basic, Onslaught, lands Defense Down on a critical hit making the use of Critical Chance mods or secondary stats important, and Potency helps land the Speed Down on the AOE special attack Fusillade. Offense or Defense may also be a route you want to take with Phasma depending on your experience with running a First Order squad. I find them to be incredibly weak on defense and very strong on offense with Zetas included, so you can look to secondary mod stats to boost either.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Captain Phasma:
I am choosing to go with two sets of 2 Critical Chance mods and a set of 2 Potency mods to gain as much as possible in these two areas. Here is my preferred mod setup for Captain Phasma:
- Transmitter (Square) – Critical Chance mod with offense primary and a focus on speed, potency, defense and protection
- Receiver (Arrow) – Potency mod with +30 speed – anything else gained is a bonus
- Processor (Diamond) – Critical Chance mod with defense primary and a focus on speed, critical chance, offense and potency
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Potency mod with+36% Critical Damage or +12% Critical Chance primary – anything else gained is a bonus
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Critical Chance mod with protection primary and a focus on speed, defense, potency and protection
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Critical Chance mod with +24% potency primary – anything else gained is a bonus