The Phoenix Rising event takes place for the first time in Marvel Strike Force beginning on Thursday, June 27th, 2019 starting at 8 pm ET. The event is a recurring Legendary Marvel Strike Force event that requires 5 mystic villain controller characters to unlock Phoenix / Dark Phoenix, who opens at 6-stars (510 shards).
Opening Legendary characters is always important for competitive players and fans alike in Marvel Strike Force, and Phoenix is being billed about as highly as any character ever has in MSF. The dev team at FoxNext calls the X-Men the “Apex Arena Team” and Phoenix’s kit looks great, so those lucky players who unlock her will likely dominate the Arena for weeks to come.
As stated above, the initial Phoenix Rising event is expected to take place for the first time in late June 2019 and is expected to return in mid-September. You must beat all lower tiers before advancing to the next tier level. Legendary Character Events typically occur every two months and take place for 7 days initially and 3 days when they return.
My Roster (to start):
- HAND Assassin – 6 stars, 5 red stars 2/300 – Level 70, Gear 10 +3 pieces, 40,668 power, Abilities 6-6-4
- Mordo – 6 stars, 4 red stars, 191/300 – Level 70, Gear 9 +0 pieces, 34,851 power, Abilities 6-6-6-4
- Loki – 6 stars, 3 red stars, 3/300 – Level 70, Gear 7 +1 pieces, 31,869 power, Abilities 6-6-6-4
- Ronan The Accuser – 6 stars, 4 red stars, 93/300 – Level 65, Gear 9 +0 pieces, 28,119 power, Abilities 6-5-5-2
- Nobu – 6 stars, 3 red stars, 19/300 – Level 65, Gear 8 +3 pieces, 23,358 power, Abilities 5-5-5-3
Tier 1 – Tier 1 has the four X-Men who have been in-game facing some Brotherhood and Hawkeye. After one blinded attack, Phoenix joins your party. Learning her abilities is the key here as this is much more difficult than expected in an annoying “why won’t you just die” for of way.
15 shards of Phoenix and 100 gold are your reward for beating Tier 1.
Tier 2 – Now it is time for this team of five Villain Mystic Controllers to battle. First Ravagers, then Kree are your 9 enemies as this board is a cakewalk.
30 shards of Phoenix, 750 Mega Orb Fragments and 1,000 gold are your reward for beating Tier 2.
Tier 3 – 14 enemies are the challenge with a mix of characters to fight and America Chavez and Phoenix joining you in the battle. Another easy battle for my squad.
55 shards of Phoenix, 1,250 Mega Orb Fragments and 20k gold are your reward for beating Tier 3.
Tier 4 – 16 enemies, many of them Hydra with a few Spider-Verse, are the challenge in Tier 3 and keeping Doctor Strange alive is the goal. As long as Doctor Strange stays alive the battle, at least for my characters, is not that bad.
80 shards of Phoenix, 2,000 Mega Orb Fragments and 100k gold are your reward for beating Tier 4.
Tier 5 – This battle features 15 enemies starting with Ultimus and 4 Kree Minions along with Scarlet Witch. I take out the Kree Royal Guard and Kree Oracle first, then Scarlet Witch and a Reaper before reinforcements arrive with Minn-erva and more. After a few more are killed off, Captain Marvel and another Minn-erva join as well as this battle is no joke. The addition of the second Minn-erva proves to be too much and I lose with 6 enemies remaining on-screen.
My Roster (after some upgrades):
- HAND Assassin – 6 stars, 5 red stars 2/300 – Level 70, Gear 10 +4 pieces, 41,164 power, Abilities 6-6-4
- Mordo – 6 stars, 4 red stars, 191/300 – Level 70, Gear 9 +1 pieces, 35,194 power, Abilities 6-6-6-4
- Loki – 6 stars, 3 red stars, 3/300 – Level 70, Gear 7 +3 pieces, 32,623 power, Abilities 6-6-6-4
- Ronan The Accuser – 6 stars, 4 red stars, 93/300 – Level 70, Gear 9 +2 pieces, 34,380 power, Abilities 6-6-6-2
- Nobu – 6 stars, 3 red stars, 19/300 – Level 65, Gear 8 +4 pieces, 24,882 power, Abilities 5-6-5-3
Tier 5 – Let’s see if I can improve upon that poor performance last time… This time around my kill order is pretty much the same, with a focus on improved survivability and use of the special abilities so I am better prepared for the second Minn-erva. I did lose Nobu midway through the battle and Loki just as the second Minn-erva appears, my use of Phoenix is much improved helping add survivability and have more effective attacks. All the way to the last character standing this battle had a better feel as I get the win.
130 shards of Phoenix, 250k gold and 10k Red Star Orbs are your reward for beating Tier 5.
Tier 6 – I expect this to be extremely difficult and I doubt my team as constructed above will be able to beat this level. If I cannot beat this tonight in a few tries, this may take a few days as my weekend is crazy busy with the family and real life things.
The battle consists of many of the most annoying characters in Marvel Strike Force – Mordo, Juggernaut, HAND Sentry and Doctor Strange to name a few. My strategy is to get as many minions on the battlefield from Ronan and Loki to help out as possible, and then Dark Phoenix to get massive AoE attacks and use Mordo’s heal block to help my chances. This proves effective throughout as I somehow win. Honestly, I did not expect this kind of success or I would have detailed things a bit more… My thinking was eliminate Doctor Strange, HAND Sentry and Loki whenever they were on the screen.
200 shards of Phoenix, 500k gold and 2k Elite 4 Credits are your reward for beating Tier 6.
Tier 7 – TBD – Note that I will not be getting Phoenix at 7-stars this time around, but I will update this in the future when the time comes.
My Roster (after a few months):
- HAND Assassin – 7 stars, 5 red stars – Level 70, Gear 10 +4 pieces, 46,530 power, Abilities 6-6-4
- Mordo – 7 stars, 4 red stars – Level 70, Gear 9 +2 pieces, 40,533 power, Abilities 6-6-6-4
- Loki – 7 stars, 4 red stars – Level 70, Gear 10 +1 piece, 43,438 power, Abilities 6-6-6-4
- Ronan The Accuser – 7 stars, 4 red stars – Level 70, Gear 9 +2 pieces, 41,312 power, Abilities 6-6-6-4
- Nobu – 7 stars, 3 red stars – Level 65, Gear 8 +4 pieces, 32,253 power, Abilities 6-6-6-4
Tier 7 – I was not able to qualify to fight for a 7-star Phoenix in the past, so we will see how much more difficult this tier is competitively.
With Phoenix and Scarlet Witch joining my five we face Phoenix, Captain Marvel, Mantis and Colossus to start, but this is a battle of stamina as you face 11 total enemies with Phoenix, Minn-erva, Doctor Strange and the Groot/Rocket combo – all on my Most Annoying MSF characters to face list. For me, keeping Phoenix alive as long as possible was the key. I got down to the end with Phoenix, HA, Mordo and Ronan against Groot and Colossus which proved to go as I wanted.
300 shards of Phoenix, 1m gold and 4k Elite 4 Credits are your reward for beating Tier 7.