Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods SWGoH characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively. These are mod recommendations based on the character’s kit and actual gameplay to help you in your quest to dominate the Galaxy of Heroes holotables.
Today’s character to review mods for is the prize of the Light Side Geonosis Territory Battles special mission – Ki-Adi-Mundi. A member of the Jedi Council in Episodes I, II and III, Ki-Adi-Mundi meets his demise at the hands of his Clone Troopers during the execution of Order 66. In Galaxy of Heroes this Galactic Republic Jedi is one of the hardest characters to obtain in the game’s 4+ year history and the testing of this character has been limited. Nevertheless, let’s take a look at KAM’s kit and how mods can best enhance it.
Main Focus: Speed. When mods were first released in Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes, the inclusion of Speed as a stat that can be increased opened Pandora’s Box and has made high Speed stats a necessity across 95%+ of the game’s characters. This is no different with Ki-Adi-Mundi thanks to his ability to switch forms and cleanse and change his stats based on his current form. Add in that he has +20 Speed in his Ataru form and that his unique, Jedi Council, grants all Jedi +30 Speed, and it is clear that this character will need to be fast and will enhance his teammates as a result.
Additional Areas to Focus: Offense, Potency and survivability in the forms of Health and Protection. I mention Offense first despite his lower overall base damage stat because of the fact that Ki-Adi-Mundi has +100% Offense and +30% Defense Penetration when in Ataru form. Add in that he attacks twice when in Ataru form and when using his basic ability and that lower damage stat gets as much as 4x the effectiveness. Potency is a logical focus because KAM can apply the Daze debuff when using the Makashi Jab. Finally, on the survivability side focus on Health and Protection as his unique, Jedi Council, grants all Jedi +40% Max Health. His Protection is just as important to boost given that when he changes to Makashi form he recovers 10% Protection from the change of forms and also when using his basic ability.
In-game Mod Recommendations: TBD.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Ki-Adi-Mundi:
The “ideal mod setup” can be interpreted a few different ways. If you target Speed, Offense, Potency, Protection and Health through the mods you should be able to maximize his kit. Here is my recommendation for the best mods for KAM:
- Transmitter (Square) – Offense mod with offense primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, protection and offense
- Receiver (Arrow) – Health mod with speed primary and a secondary focus on health, protection, potency and offense
- Processor (Diamond) – Offense mod with defense primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, protection and offense
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Offense mod with offense primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, protection and offense
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Offense mod with health or protection primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, protection and offense
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Health mod with offense primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, protection and offense