With the introduction of the new Weapon X faction in Marvel Strike Force, two existing Mutant characters, Sabertooth & Wolverine, will be a part of the new faction. Wolverine will likely leave his oft-used spot with the X-Men and Sabertooth his spot with the Emmarauders to make the climb back toward the top of the game and the existing META. Let’s take a look at the ability updates made to the kits of Sabertooth & Wolverine to see how they will fit in with this new Weapon X faction.
To start, Sabretooth will see increased base Health stats of +53%, base Damage by +56%, base Armor by +140%, base Focus by +33%, base Resistance stat by 140% and base speed stat by 15%.
Basic – Adamantium Claws
- Attack primary target for 340% damage +flip DefenseUp.
- In WAR:
- Apply Offense Down to primary target.
- This attack gains 500% Extra Focus.
Special – Thrash
- Attack primary target for 460% damage +80% Piercing+apply OffenseDown.
- Attack all adjacent targets for 320% damage +applyOffense Down.
- If Omega Red is an ally, this attack does an additional 80% Piercing to eachtarget.
- The attack cannot be blocked.
Ultimate – Blood Rush
- Attack primary target for 380% damage + apply Bleed for 2 turns.
- Rebound Chainto5-6targets for 330% damage + applyBleed for 2 turns.
- If Omega Red is an ally, apply Disrupt to each Hero Protector target with 1000% Extra Focus.
- This attack cannot be blocked or counterattacked.
Passive – Feral Healing
- On Turn, Heal for 15% of this character’s Max Health.
- When this character drops below 60% Health, gain 2 Deathproof and 2Deflect.
- Gain +5% damage per BROTHERHOOD, MUTANT, or WEAPON X ally.
- If Mister Sinister or Omega Red is an ally, gain +20% Crit chance.
- In WAR, On Spawn, if Wolverine is present, fill Speed Bar by 20%.
- Gain +25% chance to assist on non-attack abilities.
- Gain +25% chance to assist on non-attack abilities per MARAUDERS ally.
To start, Wolverine will get several increases to his base stats including base Health stat by +23%, base Damage stat by +45%, base Armor stat by +500%, base Focus stat by +32%, base Resistance stat by +140% and base speed stat by +23%. That Armor stat increase of +500% is really notable as this updates this character dramatically from the design in the early days of Marvel Strike Force. Here is a look at the new, updated kit and abilities:
Basic – Adamantium Claws
- Attack primary target for 240% Piercing + apply 2 Bleed.
- In WAR, gain Speed Up.
Special -Slice and Dice
- Attack primary target for 400% Piercing + apply 2 Bleed.
- Rebound Chain to 5 targets for 120% Piercing + apply 2 Bleed.
- All secondary attacks have +100 chance to crit.
- This attack cannot be counterattacked and cannot be blocked.
Ultimate -Primal Berserker
- If this character’s Max Health is below 50%, gain Offense Up for 2 turns.
- If Omega Red or Colossus are an ally, always gain Offense Up and clear Deathproof from the primary target.
- Attack primary target for 800% Piercing damage + apply 2 Bleed.
- This attack is Unavoidable and cannot be blocked.
Passive – Healing Factor
- On Turn, Heal for 20% of this character’s Max Health.
- On dropping below 60% health, gain Offense Up and 2 Deathproof.
- On Death, 5% chance to Revive with 50% of this character’s Max Health.
- If at least one ally is X-MEN, gain an additional 5% chance to Revive.
- If at least one ally is WEAPON X, gain an additional 5% chance to Revive.
- While under 50% Health, gain 100% Block Chance.
- Gain +5% Speed per UNCANNY X-MEN or WEAPON X ally. This is appliedafter any character has taken an action.