Welcome to the best mods for Ben Solo, the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every character I write about extensively. These are mod recommendations and they are certainly not the only option. However we look to help players maximize their characters in SWGoH and we are always open to feedback if you have a mod setup that works well of your gameplay.
Today’s character to review is Ben Solo, the prize of Conquests 19, 20 and 21. Per the devs, “Ben Solo is designed to increase Rey’s viability in a number of different modes in the game.” If that was the design of this character and his kit, then expect a more effective Rey team moving forward as the devs tend to nail it on new content and recommendations. With this in mind, let’s take a look at the best mods to enhance Ben Solo’s kit in SWGoH.
Main Focus: Speed. Speed is such an important stat in SWGoH that the devs have changed mods to highlight Speed so that players can see it easier in the recent mod update. 90%+ of the characters we review need Speed first, and Ben Solo does not appear to be any different. His base Speed of 166 appears mediocre for a new character (several Inquisitors were 185), but that does not factor in that his Redeemed unique grants him +10 Speed for each Light Side ally. While a Speed set would only be based off of the 166 base Speed and get you 10% of that for a set of four Speed mods, you’re looking at a character who will greatly benefit from a bunch of 20+ Speed secondaries given his importance on one of the top teams in the game, so you should be able to push him well past the 320-330 mark in effective Speed.
Additional Areas to Focus: Potency, Offense, Critical Chance, Critical Damage and survivability in the form of Health. Potency is really important for Ben Solo as he has just 68% base Potency maxed out, and both his basic and first special have the chance to inflict impactful debuffs. A dealer of Special Damage, Ben Solo has the second highest base Special Physical Damage stat in the game, so add Offense, CC and CD to enhance his power to hit harder. With that in mind, his Special CC is just over 24% at Gear 13 and 37.88% at Relic 7, so he will need a lot of help here to ensure you are getting a lot of crits. Finally, survivability in the form of Health is my recommendation based on Ben Solo’s Redeemed unique which grants him +15% Max Health per Light Side ally. At Relic 9 he has just under 57k Health before mods meaning that pushing him over 100k effective Health with mods included is a definite reality.
In-game Mod Suggestions: Per the devs in their notes when Ben Solo was first announced, “Either Crit Chance + Crit Damage or Offense + Potency mods benefit him the most.” It will be interesting to see what in-game recommendations are listed once Ben Solo is unlocked at the end of Conquest 21 in October 2022.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Ben Solo:
As mentioned above, Speed and Offensive stats are key to Ben Solo to give Galactic Legend Rey some additional offensive firepower. Here are my thoughts on the best mods for Ben Solo in Galaxy of Heroes:
- Transmitter (Square) – Health mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, offense, potency and health or critical chance
- Receiver (Arrow) – Speed mod with a primary focus on speed and a secondary focus on offense, potency, health and critical chance
- Processor (Diamond) – Speed mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, offense, potency and health or critical chance
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Speed mod with a primary focus on critical damage and a secondary focus on speed, offense, potency and health or critical chance
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Health mod with primary focus on health and a secondary focus on speed, offense, potency and health or critical chance
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Speed mod with primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, offense, potency and health or critical chance
Images credits: SWGOH.gg & EA Capital Games