Welcome to the best mods for Rey (Galactic Legend), the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for specific SWGoH characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively (except for this one – see below). These are mod recommendations based on the character’s kit and actual gameplay (see below) to help you in your quest to dominate the Galaxy of Heroes holotables.
Today’s character to review mods for is the star of the sequel trilogy, Rey. In the early days of Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes, one of the first METAs (what does META mean?) we ever saw was the Rey META – the use of Rey (Scavenger), was the difference in winning and losing in the Squad Arena. Later, Rey (Jedi Training) was released with a META-defining synergy with her Resistance allies. Now these two original versions of Rey are needed, at Relic level 7 no less, to have a chance to unlock the new Galactic Legend version of Rey, the character we are reviewing today. Note that many high level guilds have a specific way of modding Rey, including more heavily focused on survivability and Offense, but these guidelines are based on the kit and her strengths.
Main Focus: Speed. Galactic Legend Rey has a base Speed of 398, the fastest of all Galactic Legend characters, making her the fastest character in the game. The next fastest character after these (now four) crazy Galactic Legends is Moff Gideon at 198. So while we always say to enhance a strength, and I am not going to go against this with Rey, the types of mods used on Rey may differ than with other characters. For Rey I am starting off with a set of four Speed mods to get the 15% Speed boost (60 Speed for her!), but the secondary stats will not be as focused on the fastest mods in my inventory, but rather the best all-around Speed mods I have available.
Other Areas of Focus: Health, Offense, Protection, Defense and Tenacity. Rey’s Max Health is a key stat for the effectiveness of her basic and her Lifeblood special, and it stacks with her Galactic Legend unique as her Relic levels increase when you have a Zeta on this ability (see Rey’s Zeta Priority in SWGoH for more). Offense will help her attacks hit harder, and given she is focused on damage and not critical hits, I would definitely go the offense route and not the CC/CD route. Added Protection fits in with Health above given it enhances survivability, and as well look ahead to Rey’s Relic upgrades, added Defense is not a bad idea since Rey gets solid boosts in both Resistance and Armor from her Relic. Finally added Tenacity seems wise given how awesome her kit is – keeping her free of major debuffs will keep her enhancing her allies and attacking at her full potential.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Rey (Galactic Legend):
Here are my recommendations for the best mods approach for Rey’s Galactic Legend version. I would suggest using either a Speed set along with a Health set to best maximize her abilities in SWGoH, but some may say to focus more on Offense or survivability. Note that these do not have to be your absolute fastest Speed mods, but merely your best Speed mods to enhance her stats.
- Transmitter (Square) – Health mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, critical chance, offense and health/protection
- Receiver (Arrow) – Health mod with a primary focus on speed and a secondary focus on critical chance, offense, health and protection
- Processor (Diamond) – Speed or Offense mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, health, protection and offense or critical chance
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Speed or Offense mod with a primary focus on critical damage or offense and a secondary focus on speed, offense or critical chance and health or protection
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Speed or Offense mod with a primary focus on health and a secondary focus on speed, health, tenacity, protection and offense
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Speed or Offense mod with a focus on offense or health and a secondary focus on speed, health, protection and offense or critical chance
Image credit: EA Capital Games