Welcome to the best mods for BT-1, latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every character I write about extensively. These are mod recommendations and they are certainly not the only option. However we look to help players maximize their characters in SWGoH and we are always open to feedback if you have a mod setup that works well of your gameplay.
Today’s character to review is BT-1, an October 2022 addition to SWGoH leading up the the release of Doctor Aphra in the game. Alongside his murder driod partner in crime, 0-0-0 (aka Triple-Zero), this pair is set up for Grand Arena battle success and should be used with Doctor Aphra almost any time needed in-game. In SWGoH, BT-1 is a Dark Side Droid who is an Attacker with the Scoundrel tag. Let’s take a look at what mods to use on BT-1 to maximize him on your roster.
Main Focus: Offense. While a base Speed of 176 is strong and could constitute a Speed set on other characters, a look at the stats and abilities and you will find why Offense is the main focus. To start, BT-1 has the 25th highest Physical Damage stat in the game which is not bad at all, but when you realize his basic deals damage three times this becomes more important. However, his Blastomech Prototype unique also grants him +100% Offense at the start of battle making this even more significant. As a result be sure to place a set of four Offense mods on BT-1 and shoot for Offense percent gains from secondary stats as well.
Additional Areas to Focus: Speed, Potency, Critical Chance, Critical Damage and survivability in the form of Health. Speed is a necessary evil in SWGoH, and he gains 5 Speed for each Scoundrel ally, but Doctor Aphra will take the first turn of this trio and if you use a Speed set on Triple Zero as I suggest, he should take the second turn. This will allow Trip to apply Torture to your enemy, and then BT-1 can attack that tortured enemy and gain a stack of Translation which results in +30% Max Health for the first stack, and added CC for the second. Added Potency will help BT-1 land Damage Over Time and Expose debuffs, and added CC/CD will just make the Offense set more effective.
In-game Mod Suggestions: Offense and Critical Chance. It is hard to see reason to disagree so soon after he has been released. If this needs to be revised I will gladly check back in and make update, but even with Doctor Aphra now in the game I see no reason to disagree.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH BT-1:
As mentioned above, Offense and Critical Chance mods with Potency and Health should set up BT-1 very well. Here are my thoughts on the best mods for BT-1 in SWGoH:
- Transmitter (Square) – Offense mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, potency, health and offense or critical chance
- Receiver (Arrow) – Offense mod with a primary focus on speed and a secondary focus on potency, offense, critical chance and health
- Processor (Diamond) – Offense mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, potency, health and offense or critical chance
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Critical Chance mod with a primary focus on offense or critical damage and a secondary focus on speed, potency, offense and health or critical chance
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Offense mod with primary focus on health and a secondary focus on speed, potency, health and offense or critical chance
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Critical Chance mod with primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on potency, health, offense and speed or critical chance
Images credits: SWGOH.gg & EA Capital Games