Welcome to the best mods for Jedi Knight Cal Kestis – the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mod sets & stats for each SWGoH character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every character I write about extensively. These are mod recommendations and they are certainly not the only option. However we look to help players maximize their characters in SWGoH and we are always open to feedback if you have a mod setup that works well of your gameplay.
Today’s character to review mods for will be Jedi Knight Cal Kestis – a Jedi Leader and Attacker in SWGoH. The star and main character of the Jedi: Fallen Order and Jedi: Survivor games created by Electronic Arts, this is the second Cal Kestis in SWGoH, joining the Fallen Order version added earlier this year. Let’s take a look at what mods will best enhance Jedi Knight Cal Kestis. in Galaxy of Heroes.
Main Focus: Jedi Knight Cal Kestis has an average base Speed of 149, so this does not look like a character who Speed mods are a fit for even though he does gain Speed based on his stacks of Impetuous. That does not mean secondary Speed gains are not important, however. His Weight of the Galaxy leader ability grants all Jedi allies +50% Offense and Defense – nothing to take for granted. His Jedi Survivor unique then grants him up to 30 stacks of Impetuous, which adds +1% Offense and deducts -1% Defense per stack and both of these stats fluctuate based on the game mode and configurations. As a result I am leaning toward Offense mods and a set of Defense or Health mods. Note that and Omicron on Impetuous Assault boosts the Offense of allies in Territory Battles and allows attacks to ignore Protection.
Additional Areas to Focus: Potency, Critical Chance, Critical Damage & survivability in the forms of Health, Protection and Defense. Potency is very important for JKCK as he can land the Speed Down, Stun, Daze, Ability Block, Stagger and Force Influence debuffs. On the defensive side, JKCK has very strong base Protection, Armor and Resistance stats. Health is a key survivability stat to focus on because of the Protection Up that he grants from Windmill Defense and multiple ways to regain Health. Defense is even more important when using an Omicron on his leader ability for the Territory Battles boost. This grants JKCK’s allies 100% Max Health and Max Protection and 300% of Jedi Knight Cal Kestis’ Defense at the start of the battle. Finally, added CC & CD are always wise with a character who is an attacker and expected to handle a significant load of the offensive attacking, especially on the Phase 2 Light Side Special Mission to unlock Zeffo.
In-game Mod Recommendations: Speed & Health. I am struggling with this one. If they wanted Speed mods on Jedi Knight Cal Kestis, why start with a base Speed of just 149 – that does not make sense. And while Health is not a bad choice, I feel that Defense is just as important if not more so, especially in Territory Battles. My gut says Offense mods and a set of Defense or Health mods – Tweet @GamingFansDFN with your thoughts.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Jedi Knight Cal Kestis:
Jedi Knight Cal Kestis will be a strong character and will be vital to making more Jedi characters relevant in SWGoH, the real question is just how much impact he will have outside of the Rise of the Empire Territory Battle. As I look at Jedi Knight Cal Kestis’ stats and kit, I recommend the following mod approach:
- Transmitter (Square) – Offense/Speed mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, health, critical chance and protection or potency
- Receiver (Arrow) – Health/Defense mod with a primary focus on speed and a secondary focus on potency, health, critical chance and protection
- Processor (Diamond) – Offense/Speed mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, health, critical chance and protection or potency
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Offense/Speed mod with a primary focus on critical damage and a secondary focus on speed, health, critical chance and protection
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Offense/Speed mod with a primary focus on health or protection and a secondary focus on speed, health, critical chance and protection or potency
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Health/Defense mod with a primary focus on potency and a secondary focus on speed, health, critical chance and protection
Image Credits: SWGOH.gg & EA Capital Games