Welcome to another article in our series about Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for SWGoH characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively. Note that I am still testing these Phoenix Squadron toons so I may update these mod guides in the coming weeks.
Today’s toon to review mods is Zeb Orrelios. Shortly after he was released in SWGoH, on March 23rd I wrote in regards to mods, “potency and health stick out as the obvious choices.” So let’s see what a more in-depth review shows us.
Main Focus: Survivability, specifically health and protection. Zeb’s unique, Shrug Off, specifically grants him, and all Phoenix allies under a Hera Syndulla lead, “Max protection equal to +40% of his max health.” Thus, if he has a higher health number, he gains more protection. In addition he regains 15% of his protection at the start of every turn, 30% if he is debuffed. Thus, I would focus every stat possible on increasing his health and protection.
Additional Areas to Focus: Potency and Speed. Speed is a focus simply because you must have speed on your characters to be effective. Potency will help his basic and special attacks, both of which inflict debuffs on the enemy.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Zeb Orrelios:
I am recommending to go with 2 sets of 2 Health mods and a set of 2 Potency mods to gain as much as possible in those two areas. Note the triangle is a +36 CD primary. I am going this route because I have an extra (nice, huh?) potency triangle which also has health and protection secondaries AND +4.11% CC. Since all Phoenix allies have +25% CC and +25% CD under Hera’s lead, Zeb will now have 211% CD without any Critical Damage mods used on him. On the cross, I am testing out the +24% potency as one could go for more health on this mod instead. Thus, here is my preferred mod setup for Zeb:
- Transmitter (Square) – Health mod with offense primary and a focus on health, speed, potency and protection
- Receiver (Arrow) – Health mod with +30 speed primary – all other stats gained are bonus
- Processor (Diamond) – Potency mod with defense primary and a focus on protection, speed and health
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Potency mod with +36% Critical Damage – all other stats gained are bonus
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Health mod with health or protection primary and a focus on health, speed and protection
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Health mod with +24% potency primary and a focus on health, speed and protection