Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for is one of the most well-known heroes of the Star Wars saga – Han Solo. In SWGoH Han Solo shards are only available in The Pit Raid, aka the Rancor Raid, and he was a hot-commodity earlier in gameplay. But soon players of Galaxy of Heroes realized a startling fact – (Raid) Han wasn’t that great in this game. While I felt at the time of writing this that Han Solo needed a rework, apparently the team at EA/CG agreed as he got that rework in early August 2017 which has made him one of the biggest hitters in SWGoH.
A look at Han Solo’s kit sees a big opportunity with his special, Deadeye. More about that later. With his rework, Han has some significant value and, if used correctly, can be a solid member of your squad. Let’s take a look at his mods.
Main Focus: Speed. I am sticking with Speed because it is so annoyingly necessary. Han Solo is a character you want going again and again, and his base Speed of 136 is something that you can easily build on to get to the 200+ range.
Additional Areas to Focus: Critical Chance, Critical Damage and survivability. Looking at his special, Deadeye, it reads “Gain Turn Meter equal to Han’s Critical Chance” is a huge opportunity and clue – get as much CC on Han Solo as possible – 70% or higher is a real possibility. Add in that Never Tell Me the Odds grants CC up and you will usually get to use that special and then Deadeye and you will get an extra turn with the basic, Quick Draw. And what do we always recommend with CC? Critical Damage so that he hits harder. Outside of these survivability is important since Han Solo is a bit on the squishy side.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Han Solo:
I recommend the use of two Critical Chance and four Critical Damage mods on Han with as much Speed as possible. Thus, here is my recommended approach for mods on (Raid) Han Solo:
- Transmitter (Square) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on defense, speed, health and critical chance
- Receiver (Arrow) – Critical Chance mod with +30 speed primary – any other stats gained are a bonus
- Processor (Diamond) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, health, critical chance and protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Critical Damage mod with +36% Critical Damage – any other stats gained are a bonus
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Critical Chance mod with primary focus on protection and a secondary focus on speed, health, critical chance and defense
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Critical Damage mod with primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, critical chance and protection
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg