Welcome to the latest article in a series about Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for individual characters. As your guest reviewer I cannot claim to have definitive answers but all toons I’ve written guides for have been maxed out, modded and tested to the best of my abilities.
Today’s toon to review mods for is one of the sinister six bounty hunters, Dengar. This Scoundrel is worth farming in the Guild Store as he’s useful for credit heists, the Pit Raid and no doubt Dark Side Territory Battles once that kicks off. A look at his kit shows that his basic attack, TARGET SPOTTED, deals physical damage and has a 60% chance to call an assist if the enemy is debuffed. If Dengar calls on a fellow Scoundrel it’s a guaranteed crit assist. His first special, BLAST & SMASH, is again physical damage with a 50% chance to inflict Speed Down plus if the target has more than 50% TM they’re Stunned for 1 turn. His 2nd special is MINI-MINE MAYHEM, an AoE attack without much punch but the ability to inflict stacking debuffs of Tenacity Down, DoT and 50% TM, dependant on Crit hits. Finally, his unique, GRIZZLED VETERAN, works in 3 ways. If he suffers a crit hit he’ll gain Stealth for 2 turns, if an enemy evades his attack Dengar gains 60% TM plus if he suffers a debuff he’ll gain tenacity up for 2 turns.
Main Focus: Critical Chance & Potency. Dengar has a pretty decent base Potency of over 20% when max geared so I get my extra Potency from a Multiplexer mod and decent secondries to push it well over 50%. As ever you’ll want to look for Speed secondries but he doesn’t need to go first so I’ve opted for good Critical Chance secondries where possible. Clever targeting with his Speed Down/Stun is useful but his killer move is his AoE. Before you get CLS you’ll want him for your Pit Raid team. The classic Teebo lead has a place for Dengar with Speed Down & Tenacity Down and he works well in any of the first three phases. To get good TM removal landing consistently his Tenacity Down on the Guards or the Rancour makes a huge difference.
Additional Areas to Focus: Health & Protection to bolster his survival. He will of course benefit from Speed and also Offense to make his basic hit harder.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Dengar:
I recommend the use of two Critical Chance sets and a Health set on Dengar. Here is what I would recommend (although the set bonuses can be gained from any combination of placements as long as 2 are health set & 4 are crit chance set):
- Transmitter (Square) – Crit Chance mod with a offense primary and a secondary focus on potency/protection/health/crit chance.
- Receiver (Arrow) – Crit Chance mod with +30 speed primary, secondary focus on potency/protection/health/crit chance.
- Processor (Diamond) – Health mod with a defense primary and a secondary focus on potency/speed/protection/crit chance.
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Health mod with a Crit Chance +12% primary and a secondary focus on protection/potency/speed/offense.
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Crit chance mod with a protection primary and a secondary focus on crit chance/speed/offense/potency.
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Crit chance mod with a +24% potency primary and a secondary focus on health or protection/potency/crit chance/speed or offense.
By Mothman of Descendants of the Empire
Gaming-fans.com Staff Writer
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg