Welcome to the best mods for Rose Tico, another article in our series about Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for individual characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and I have used every toon I write about extensively. These are mod recommendations based on the character’s kit and actual gameplay to help you in your quest to dominate the Galaxy of Heroes holotables.
Today’s character review is The Last Jedi star and fan favorite Rose Tico. Thanks to EA & CG’s old SWGoH GameChangers program I was able to test Rose Tico out extensively before she was introduced in-game. Described in-game as a “brave Resistance Attacker who can Stun and grant allies buffs,” Rose, like Vice Admiral Holdo, has an interesting kit that complements her Resistance allies. However, she never gained any momentum at all in SWGoH and was easily one of the Bottom 10 characters in the game for nearly two years. Now a required character for the first Galactic Legend event to unlock the new Rey in SWGoH, Rose’s importance has skyrocketed, even if her in-game value has not. Let’s take a look at our recommendations for the best mods for Rose Tico.
Main Focus: Speed, like with all characters in SWGoH, is a must with Rose Tico to allow for her turn to come faster so that you can utilize the attacks. Speed is your 1A with Critical Chance below a close second, and if used correctly, the combination of the two can have her turn coming quite often in battles. Note that her base Speed is 161 when maxed out, so Speed mods could be in play.
Additional Areas to Focus: Critical Chance, Potency & survivability. Critical Chance should be a 1B to Speed given Rose gains 10% Turn Meter each time a Resistance ally scores a Critical Hit, however one of her abilities does not even attack, so the CC and Potency gains will be lost when using Dauntless Bravery. Under a Rey (Jedi Training) lead this can be impactful given the 20% CC boost and 70% chance to Expose and enemy for each Crit, which then grants 10% TM to all Resistance allies. Thus, the use of a CC primary triangle is a strong option under an RJT lead. Survivability – Health, Protection and Defense – is also important to keep Rose alive, but if you have to pick one Defense is the most important since her Dauntless Bravery special grants Defense Up for all Resistance allies which will enhance the defensive stats.
In-game Mod Recommendations: Critical Chance. I am not sure that I agree with just the blanket CC recommendation here as it seems a bit lazy, as do many of the in-game recommendations from the devs when Mods 2.0 were released in 2018. That having been said Rose’s importance in the game since being added in SWGoH has been so minimal that it does not matter much.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Rose Tico:
Because Rose Tico’s stats have her starting off moderately fast at 161 base Speed, I feel it is important to enhance this with either a set of 4 Speed mods or some very high Speed secondaries. Let’s take a look at my preferred approach for Rose Tico’s mods:
- Transmitter (Square): Speed mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, critical chance, potency and defense
- Receiver (Arrow): Speed mod with a primary focus on speed and a secondary focus on critical chance, health or protection and defense
- Processor (Diamond): Critical Chance mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, critical chance, potency and defense
- Holo-Array (Triangle): Critical Chance mod with a primary focus on critical chance and a secondary focus on speed, protection, critical chance and defense
- Data-Bus (Circle): Speed mod with a primary focus on health or protection and a secondary focus on speed, critical chance, potency and defense
- Multiplexer (Plus): Speed mod with a primary focus on health, potency or defense and a secondary focus on speed, critical chance, protection and defense
Some images courtesy of SWGOH.gg