Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods SWGoH characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
The Sith Trooper was released in February 2017 as part of the Lord of Hunger events in Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes. Still a difficult farm a year later with only a 16 energy Cantina node, he is a throwback to the Star Wars Knights of the Old Rebublic games and KOTOR Lego sets. For the sake of SWGoH, Sith Trooper is an enhanced Royal Guard and should be modded similarity.
Main Focus: Survivability in the forms of Health, Protection and Defense. Sith Trooper is a character that was created for one purpose and one purpose only – to absorb attacks and keep them off of his Sith allies. His unique ability, Vaiken’s Legacy, grants him +100% defense. Then, when a Sith ally uses a special attack he gains defense up for 2 turns. If he already has defense up, he gains taunt for 2 turns. If he already has taunt, he gains retribution for 2 turns. Basically, if you make him incredibly hard to kill he becomes more annoying to your opponent.
Additional Areas to Focus: Potency, Tenacity, Speed and more survivability. Potency will help his basic attack, Disruptor Blast, which has a 70% chance to inflict defense down for 3 turns. While it is not a big-hitter, if the enemy is already debuffed it will ignore protection. The special Crimson Barrage attack is a AOE with a 70% chance to inflict offense down on the enemies for 2 turns. The key here is if the enemies are debuffed, the Sith Trooper then gains 5% Protection Up for each debuffed enemy AND the hit ignores the enemy’s protection. So added Potency makes both attacks more effective, and higher Protection numbers makes the Protection Up number is higher. Tenacity is really not a strong point of emphasis, but if you can keep him from getting Ability Block or Buff Immunity debuffs that allows you to use this toon much more effectively. Speed is a constant in SWGoH and there is no getting around it. While his 95 base Speed is near the bottom of the pack in this game, getting some Speed from secondary mod stats is a plus, and a faster Sith Trooper is a more annoying Sith Trooper. Finally, I cannot stress the need for survivability enough, so just really focus your efforts there.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Sith Trooper:
Sith Trooper has a straight-forward mod setup for the most part, with a strong focus on survivability. Depending on how your prioritize him on your roster, any combination of Health, Defense and Potency mods will likely suffice. I suggest a heavier emphasis on the Health and Defense mods, thus here is my ideal mod setup for Shoretrooper:
- Transmitter (Square) – Defense mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, health, protection, and defense
- Receiver (Arrow) – Potency mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, health, protection, and tenacity
- Processor (Diamond) – Potency mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on health, protection, potency and defense
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Health mod with a primary focus on health or defense and a secondary focus on health, protection, potency and defense
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Health mod with a primary focus on protection and a secondary focus on defense, protection, potency and speed
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Defense mod with a primary focus on health and a secondary focus on speed, tenacity, protection, and potency (this could also be a +24% potency with strong defense, health and protection secondaries)
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg