Today I’ll be reveiwing mods for Royal Guard, one of the elite, faceless defenders of the emperor. Long considered an essential character for his ability to disupt arena battles and take a beating, Royal Guard is available on both a single Light and Dark Side battle as well as a cantina node and can commonly be found in Bronzium packs.
Main Focus: Royal Guard’s unique, Unyeilding Defender, gives him TM every turn an ally is hit, and will trigger his taunt whenever one drops below 50% HP. Because he already has a steady trickle of TM, you don’t need a turn to taunt, and his taunt only lasts one turn, speed isn’t a great stat for him. You want Royal Guard to stay alive, soaking up damage for as long as possible, so protection should be your focus.
Additional Areas to Focus: Other than protection, health, defense, and tenacity are important here. Health and defense will help Royal Guard stay alive even longer, and tenacity will help prevent buff immunities that will prevent your taunt. After these, potency is the most useful stat not mentioned, to help land the stun and speed down for when you get a chance to use his basic ability, Force Pike.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Royal Guard:
Royal Guard has a straight-forward mod setup for the most part, with a small change depending on the team you run him with, and where you use him. Ideally, I aim for:
- Transmitter (Square) – Health mod with offense primary and defensive secondaries.
- Receiver (Arrow) – Health mod with protection primary and defensive secondaries.
- Processor (Diamond) – Health mod with defense primary and defensive secondaries.
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Health mod with protection primary and defensive secondaries.
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Health mod with protection primary and defensive secondaries.
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Health mod with protection primary under Palpatine leads, potency primary without Palpatine leads, or tenacity primary for arena, and defensive secondaries.
By PsychoPoet – Guest Writer