Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively. These are mod recommendations and they are certainly not the only option. However we look to help players maximize their characters in SWGoH and we are always open to feedback if you have a mod setup that works well of your gameplay.
Magmatrooper, a member of the Empire and Imperial Trooper factions in SWGoH is an attacker with low damage and high value. Because of his unique, Hazard Training, Magmatrooper gains 70% Turn Meter when he resists a debuff or suffers one each turn. This makes him incredibly valuable against Drath Traya led teams in Territory Wars given the chance to hit again and again.
Main Focus: Magmatrooper has ridiculously low damage, and while I almost never encourage players to change a weakness into a strength from mods, this is one of the rare cases. If you’re using Magmatrooper to try and beat Darth Traya teams (without a counter attack toon), look to boost his offensive stats – Offense, Critical Chance and Critical Damage.
Additional Areas of Focus: Potency, Tenacity & Speed. Potency will help Magmatrooper’s AoE special attack, Thermal Imploder, reduce the TM of your enemies which is important against Traya teams. Magmatrooper’s unique, Hazard Training, gives 70% turn meter when suffering or resisting a debuff, so while you want to be targeted by debuffs, resisting them will still boost your turn meter, so Tenacity should be a secondary focus, but a strong one. This also means that Speed is less valuable for this character because of the TM gain, but I would still recommend some smaller Speed increases if you can find the ideal mods with high Tenacity and Potency. Lastly, any survivability will help keep Magmatrooper alive longer, letting you benefit from his turn meter removal and potential TM gain longer.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Magmatrooper:
While this one is still a work in progress as I continue to beef up Magmatrooper’s stats to help my Territory War anti-Traya teams. That having been said, I am currently running a set of four Offense mods and two Tenacity mods. Thus, I believe the best mod setup for Magmatrooper is;
- Transmitter (Square) – Offense mod with offense primary and a secondary focus on speed, critical chance, tenacity and potency
- Receiver (Arrow) – Tenacity mod with +30 speed primary and a secondary focus on tenacity and potency
- Processor (Diamond) – Offense mod with defense primary and a secondary focus on speed, offense and potency
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Tenacity mod with +36% critical damage primary and a secondary focus on speed, offense, tenacity and potency
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Offense mod with protection primary and a secondary focus on offense, critical chance, tenacity and potency
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Offense mod with tenacity or potency primary and a secondary focus on speed, offense, tenacity and potency
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg
Updated 09.13.18 by LJ