Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for individual SWGoH characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively. These are mod recommendations and they are certainly not the only option. However we look to help players maximize their characters in SWGoH and we are always open to feedback if you have a mod setup that works well in your own gameplay.
Today’s toon to review mods for is Rogue One Rebel and Guardian of the Whills Baze Malbus. Used correctly, Baze proved to be a very valuable member of your team in many areas of the game, even at 3 or 4 stars, including in the AAT or Heroic AAT team for Phase 4. In fact, many of the top Arena teams in my highly-competitive (December 2015) shard used to either run Baze and Chirrut Imwe in a previous SWGoH META, and the duo remains a constant in Territory Wars on defense.
Main Focus: While every character benefits from Speed, Baze is one of the few who do not need a lot of Speed to make him effective. Since he begins each battle with a Taunt and Retribution he will get plenty of hits in without a need for a fast Turn Meter, so stay focused on long-term survivability with Baze by beefing up his defense, health and protection. Because of the Retribution, you want him to take every hit possible so high Defense will go the farthest toward keeping him alive, but be sure to focus on Health as well. Baze’s unique, Dauntless Courage, grants him Max Health equal to 20% of his Max Health and if Chirrut Imwe is present he also gains that much Max Health. Thus, more Health for Baze equals more Heath for Chirrut.
Additional Areas to Focus: Since Baze’s main focus is staying alive as long as possible, the secondary areas of focus should be Potency and Tenacity. Potency helps his offense as his basic attack, Heavy Repeater Cannon, has a 70% chance to inflict Speed Down on the target. Plus if Chirrut is present Baze gains 10% Turn Meter whenever he uses his basic. Tenacity can also benefit Baze as high Tenacity will make it harder to land Stun, Shock, Buff Immunity and other debuffs.
In-game Mod Recommendations: Health.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Baze Malbus:
Baze Malbus is a character who only the pay to play gamers in SWGoH had starred up within the first few months after his release. Because he continues to have high value in the game when paired with Chirrut, I suggest that if you are going to invest into this toon (and if you do, go get Chirrut as well), you might as well maximize his effectiveness going after Health and Defense mods, or possibly Potency mods with high survivability stats. Here is my preferred mod setup for Baze Malbus:
- Transmitter (Square) – Health mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on defense, tenacity, speed and protection
- Receiver (Arrow) – Health mod with a primary focus on health or defense and a secondary focus on potency, defense, speed and protection
- Processor (Diamond) – Defense mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on potency, protection, health and tenacity
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Defense mod with a primary focus on defense or protection and a secondary focus on defense, speed, tenacity and potency
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Health mod with primary focus on health or protection and a secondary focus on defense, speed, tenacity and potency
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Health mod with primary focus on defense, health or protection and a secondary focus on defense, speed, potency and protection
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg