Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for is Rogue One Rebel and Guardian of the Whills Chirrut Imwe. Used correctly, Chirrut can prove to be a very valuable member of your team in the Galactic War, even at 3 or 4 stars, and of your Arena team or in the AAT or Heroic AAT team for Phase 4. In fact, many of the top Arena teams in my highly-competitive (December 2015) shard either run Chirrut with Baze Malbus or an all or mostly Sith squad currently.
Main Focus: Chirrut, like every character in Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes, benefits greatly from speed and this should be the top focus for him. His base speed of 153 is one of the highest in the game, thus using mods to boost that speed to the 200 range is quite reasonable.
Additional Areas to Focus: Since Heal Over Times (HOTs) are quite prevalent with Chirrut, it makes sense to maximize his health. Baze Malbus’s unique grants him Max Health equal to 20% of his Max Health and if Chirrut Imwe is present he also gains that much Max Health. So if you are pairing Baze with Chirrut, and we recommend that you do so, remember that more health for Baze equals more Heath for Chirrut. While Chirrut does dispel all debuffs with his special As The Force Wills, many Arena teams run Boba Fett for ability block, so high tenacity for Chirrut makes sense.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Chirrut Imwe:
Like his buddy Baze, Chirrut Imwe is a character who only the pay to play gamers in SWGoH have starred up since he is only farmable with crystals and chromium packs. Thus, if you are going to invest into this toon (and if you do, go get Baze as well), you might as well maximize his effectiveness going after health, tenacity and possibly speed mods. Here is my setup:
- Transmitter (Square) – Tenacity mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, defense, tenacity and protection
- Receiver (Arrow) – Tenacity mod with +30 speed – anything else is just a bonus
- Processor (Diamond) – Tenacity mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on protection and speed
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Tenacity mod with a primary focus on protection and a secondary focus on defense and speed
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Health mod with primary focus on health and a secondary focus on tenacity, speed and defense
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Health mod with primary focus on health or protection and a secondary focus on speed, defense and protection
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg