Welcome to another article in our series about Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for individual characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for will be the Stormtrooper. This Empire character is a tank who taunts and grants Empire allies, and now Imperial Trooper allies, added defense. While he was long an afterthought in the SWGoH universe, the April 2017 update has added relevance to Stormtrooper.
Main Focus: Survivability. The April 2017 update to Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes updated his unique, Wall of Stormtroopers, to read “while Stormtrooper is active Imperial Trooper allies have +30% defense.” That alone is worth making this guy tough to beat as he automatically helps strengthen all Imperial Trooper allies just by being alive.
Additional Areas to Focus & Consider: There was a reason why Stormtrooper was regarded as one of the bottom 5-10 characters in SWGoH. The changes to Stormtrooper appear on paper to be pretty solid, so it will be interesting to see how this impacts his value. While it should not impact his mods much, if at all, here are some thoughts. You could look at Critical Avoidance from your arrow/receiver mod after the primary focus of survivability. However, I would definitely stay away from Accuracy on the arrow mod now as his basic attack, which is ironically named Imperial Marksmanship, now reads “if this attack does not score a critical hit or is evaded, the target becomes exposed, which can’t be resisted.” Thus, accuracy could actually work against you. Similarly, if the hit is NOT a critical hit, the target gets exposed, thus I could see keeping CC low but potentially raising CD to ensure that critical hit or not, all attacks from his basic are strong. Again, this is based off the text of the new changes, so testing Stormtrooper out and reading feedback from others will be key.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Stormtrooper:
Previously, I saw little value in the Stormtrooper character despite having him at 7-stars on my roster. But the changes made in late April 2017 are very interesting and I am now eager to gear him up and test him out. While the rework has not changed the ideal mod sets from my perspective, here is my preferred mod setup for Stormtrooper:
- Transmitter (Square) – Health mod with offense primary and a focus on health, defense, speed and protection
- Receiver (Arrow) – Defense mod with a primary focus on Critical Avoidance
- Processor (Diamond) – Defense mod with defense primary and a focus on health, defense and protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Defense mod with a primary focus on protection and a secondary focus on health, defense and protection
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Defense mod with protection primary and a focus on health, speed, defense and protection
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Health mod with a primary focus on protection and a secondary focus on health, defense and protection