Today I’ll be looking at mods for Lando Calrissian, an incorrigible scoundrel who later joined the Rebel Alliance and helped destroy the second Death Star. As expected, we got a new, younger version of Lando around the release of the new Han Solo movie, but the original version is able to use powerful AoE attacks to wreak havoc against an opposing team.
Sitting on an early cantina node, Lando Calrissian is both easy to farm, and available early in the game. This, combined with both a Rebel (some strong team combinations) and Scoundrel (needed for credit heist and other events) tag, makes him an solid choice for new and old players alike. While his value in-game dipped in 2018-2020, the year of 2020 was good to Lando (and few others) as he was announced as required to unlock Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker (Relic 3) and for Jedi Master Luke Skywalker (Relic 5). Let’s take a look at which mods will best enhance Lando’s kit in Galaxy of Heroes.
Main Focus: The key to Lando Calrissian’s damage is Critical Chance. His AoE, Double Down, has no cool down, and will do double damage on it’s next use if it scores two or more critical hits. So your main focus should be on increasing Lando’s Crit Chance until he reliably lands multiple crit hits each turn, letting you chain AoE blasts together. Crit Damage is also essential, to maximize the damage done each attack. Note that Lando Calrissian’s Relic upgrade in SWGoH can add almost 34% to his base CC, so be careful not to go too heavy and lose the benefits of the mod enhancements.
Additional Areas to Focus: Speed should be your first area of focus after CC & CD, to get more attacks in. After Speed, Offense for more damage, and survivability to stay alive. If you find Lando dies too quickly, prioritize health and protection over offense.
In-game Mod Recommendations: Critical Damage & Critical Chance. No disagreement here – just watch that you do not exceed 100% CC and start wasting your stat gains.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Lando Calrissian:
While Lando Calrissian finds limited use in the current top tier of content, he’s required fro two of the best characters in the game, including the Galactic Legend version of Luke Skywalker, and has been seen as a must-have early game. My recommended mod setup for Lando Calrissian is;
- Transmitter (Square) – Crit chance or crit damage mod with an offense primary and a secondary focus on speed, critical chance, and health/protection.
- Receiver (Arrow) – Crit chance or crit damage mod with a speed primary and a secondary focus on critical chance, health, protection and offense
- Processor (Diamond) – Crit chance or crit damage mod with a defense primary and a secondary focus on speed, critical chance, and offense
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Crit chance or crit damage mod with a critical damage primary and a secondary focus on speed, critical chance, and offense
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Crit chance or crit damage mod with a protection primary and a secondary focus on speed, critical chance, and offense
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Crit chance or crit damage mod with a offense primary and a secondary focus on speed, critical chance, and health/protection
Image courtesy of SWGOH.gg