Welcome to the best mods for Fennec Shand, the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the top mods for SWGoH characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every character I write about extensively. These are mod recommendations based on the character’s kit and actual gameplay to help you in your quest to dominate the Galaxy of Heroes holotables.
Today’s character to review mods for will be for Fennec Shand, a Bounty Hunter first seen in The Mandalorian who was then also a part of the Bad Batch series about 25 years earlier on the Star Wars canon timeline. Let’s take a look at which mods will best enhance Fennec Shand’s kit for SWGoH success.
Main Focus: Offense or CC/CD. You can go either way with Fennec and an argument can be made for both routes. Fennec Shand gains +15% CC and +25% CD whenever her Bounty Hunter contract payout is reached, so focusing on Critical Chance and Critical Damage makes a lot of sense. Conversely, she gains +10% Offense (stacking) when she gains Tenacity Up and even more with The Mandalorian (Beskar Armor) or Boba Fett, Scion of Jango on her team, and the Overconfident status effect adds +50% Offense. Either ay she is going to hit hard and it may come down to what your mod inventory looks like to determine if you go with 4 Offense or CD mods.
Additional Areas to Focus: Speed, Offense, Critical Chance, Critical Damage along with Health, Protection and Defense. The survivability stats – Health, Protection and Defense – are incredibly important if you are using Fennec Shand as a Leader in a smaller lineup. As a Leader she gains +100% Health, Protection, Defense and Offense, all of which are reduced by 25% for each ally that accompanies her into battle. Thus, a solo attack in Territory War or even a 3v3 offensive or defensive team would see this become more valuable. However, in all situations in-game, added Offense, CC and CD will help you. If you choose one route as mentioned above, do not ignore the other, as having Fennc hit harder is the main goal when equipping mods on her. Note that at Gear 13 Fennec has just over 19% Special Critical Chance and just over 40% at Relic 9. As a result you will have to use Critical Chance mods or high CC secondary stats to boost her to the point of maximizing her damage output. Finally, Speed is a necessity on every characters in SWGoH, and Fennec Shand is no different. However, her base Speed is just 149 and this just is not a character where it is best to use your top Speed secondaries on.
In-game Mod Recommendations: Critical Chance & Critical Damage. No disagreement here – pick the side you want and go all-in as Fennec is a strong offensive character.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Fennec Shand:
The “ideal mod setup” can be interpreted a few different ways. If you target offensive stats through the mods you should be able to get a lot out of Fennec. Here are my recommendations for the best mods for Fennec Shand:
- Transmitter (Square) – Offense/Critical Damage mod with offense primary and a secondary focus on speed, offense, health and critical chance
- Receiver (Arrow) – Offense/Critical Damage mod with speed primary and a secondary focus on health, offense and critical chance
- Processor (Diamond) – Offense/Critical Damage mod with defense primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, offense and critical chance
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Offense/Critical Damage mod with critical damage or critical chance primary and a secondary focus on speed, offense, health and critical chance
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Critical Chance mod with health primary and a secondary focus on speed, offense, critical chance and health/protection
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Critical Chance mod with offense primary and a secondary focus on speed, offense, critical chance and health/protection
Image Credits: EA Capital Games & SWGoH.gg