Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively. These are mod recommendations and they are certainly not the only option. However we look to help players maximize their characters in SWGoH and we are always open to feedback if you have a mod setup that works well of your gameplay.
Today’s character to review mods for will be the Bounty Hunter Embo. One of the newest Bounty Hunters in SWGoH at the time of this writing after being added to SWGoH in August 2018, Embo has a very strong kit that includes the ability to dispel buffs on his basic. Let’s take a look at the best mods to enhance Embo’s abilities.
Main Focus: Critical Chance. Embo has a very strong CC stat when maxed out at Gear 12+, nearly 48%, so a Critical Chance set maxed gives him a 8% boost plus any secondary CC additions will make reaching 60%+ very easy. Add in that he gains 30% CC when he has no Protection and you can expect a lot of crits from Embo. Finally, Embo’s Payout grants him a bonus turn after scoring a Critical Hit, so load up that CC as much as you can.
Additional Areas to Focus: Speed, Critical Damage, Offense & survivability. Embo’s base Speed is 152 at Gear 12+ which is solid, so build on the Speed stat through secondaries. Since the Critical Chance is high, it is always wise to strengthen the Critical Damage number to make those hits stronger. Additional Offense is never a bad thing, and given that he has +30% Offense when he has Protection, it seems wise to continue to build on that strength. Finally, added survivability is suggested in the forms of Health and Protection, Health if he is in the leader spot. As a leader Embo grants allied Bounty Hunters +50% Health Steal while Protection impacts the power of his Kyuzo War Helmet special’s power.
In-game Mod Suggestions: Critical Damage & Critical Chance.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Embo:
The “ideal mod setup” can be interpreted a few different ways, but Critical Chance and Critical Damage mods are my preferred route and the suggested route in-game. Thus, here are my recommendations for mods on Embo in SWGoH:
- Transmitter (Square) – Critical Chance mod with offense primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, critical chance and protection
- Receiver (Arrow) – Critical Damage mod with +30 speed and a secondary focus on health and critical chance
- Processor (Diamond) – Critical Chance mod with defense primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, critical chance and protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Critical Damage mod with critical damage primary and a secondary focus on health and critical chance
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Critical Damage mod with protection primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, critical chance and protection
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Critical Damage mod with offense, health or protection primary (based on your mod inventory and preference) and a secondary focus on speed, health, critical chance and protection