Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods SWGoH characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively. These are mod recommendations based on the character’s kit and actual gameplay to help you in your quest to dominate the Galaxy of Heroes holotables.
Shoretroopers, apparently only existing on the planet Scarif, were first introduced to us in Rogue One as they got surprised by a small band of Rebels infiltrating their compound in an effort to steal the Death Star plans. For the purposes of Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes, Shoretrooper enters battle with Taunt, can heal his allies and grant them Critical Hit Immunity. This was a huge deal in the Wiggs META as Shoretrooper was introduced to help counter Wedge & Biggs and instantly became Squad Arena viable at 3 and 4 stars. We also had Tournaments at that time in SWGoH’s brief history, and let me tell you that those with Shoretrooper had a huge advantage.
Main Focus: Shoretrooper enters every battle with Taunt, thus a ton of Speed to get to the Taunt is not necessary. As a result, the main focus for Shoretrooper is Health. While Protection is also good, Health is more valuable for his Regroup special which recovers 24% of Shoretrooper’s Max Health, and his Stand Guard special which grants 10% Max Health recovery. In addition, his Imperial Trooper synergy also ups the Max Health of Imperial Trooper allies by 10%. Let’s backtrack and look at that again – his Regroup special which recovers 24% of Shoretrooper’s Max Health – not the individual ally’s Max Health. Thus, if you keep Shoretrooper’s health high it will benefit your squad much more than protection will.
Additional Areas to Focus: Defense, Potency, Protection, Speed and Tenacity are the other areas worth putting more emphasis. Having a high Protection number is certainly not a bad thing, it is just more valuable to have high Health numbers (see above), but you do get additional Protection when Shoretrooper’s Relic is upgraded after Gear 13. Defense is key to ensure the hits don’t hit as hard and Tenacity is here to keep him from getting a Ability Block or Stun debuff. The key spot where Potency will help out is his basic, Target Weapons, land a Critical Chance Down debuff. A little bit of Speed is not a bad thing either, as you want him getting to his turns to help heal and protect his allies.
In-game Mod Recommendations: Health. Good to see that the devs agree with me, but if you are the rare player without good Health mods for some reason, Defense mods or maybe a Tenacity set are the next best options.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Shoretrooper:
Shoretrooper has a straight-forward mod setup for the most part, with a strong focus on survivability. Thus, I suggest either 6 Health mods or a combination of Health and Defense mods. Here is my ideal mod setup for Shoretrooper:
- Transmitter (Square) – Health mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on health, protection, potency and speed.
- Receiver (Arrow) – Health mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on health, protection, tenacity and speed.
- Processor (Diamond) – Health mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on health, protection, potency and speed.
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Health or Defense mod with a primary focus on health and a secondary focus on health, protection, potency and tenacity.
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Health mod with a primary focus on health and a secondary focus on defense, protection, potency and speed.
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Health or Defense mod with a primary focus on health and a secondary focus on speed, tenacity, protection, and potency.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg