Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character.
Today’s toon is one of the new Empire characters for Territory Battles: Imperial Retaliation, aka Dark Side Territory Battles, Colonel Starck. Described as an “offensive support who provides critical buffs and removes enemy turn meter,” Starck’s kit is pretty straightforward as are the best mods to maximize his abilities. Let’s take a look at the best mods for Colonel Starck below.
Main Mods Focus: Speed is where I recommend placing the most emphasis from Colonel Starck’s mods. I know it sounds like a broken record (do most of our readers even know what a record is?), but Speed is indeed a key component to maximizing Starck’s strengths. Given he is intended for use in Dark Side Territory Battles, aka Imperial Retaliation, his AoE attack with Stagger attached to it and the ability to dispel buffs are key, so get his Speed up so that Starck can attack more often and score you more Territory Points.
Additional Areas to Focus: Potency, CC, CD, Offense and survivability. Potency is key to making sure his basic, Debilitating Shot, lands the Defense Down debuff and the Blizzard Four Barrage special can land Stagger when maxed out at level 8 with an Omega material. Critical Chance and Critical Damage should both be a major focus from mods due to his Scan All Wavelengths special which grants Empire allies CC and CD up. Added Offense will make him even more effective given the info above and that his Imperial Intelligence unique also grants all Imperial Troopers +50 Armor Penetration. Finally, any additional survivability – health, protections and defense – gained from mods is nice to have as well to keep Starck alive longer and attacking frequently.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Colonel Starck:
I recommend the use of a single Critical Chance sets (2 CC mods) and a Critical Damage set (4 CD mods). A +30 speed arrow and +24 potency cross would be highly desirable. Running him under a Veers lead in a squad of Imperial Troopers is where I see him being the most effective, but note that under a Veers lead he gains +15% CC. Thus, here are my recommendations for the best mods for Colonel Starck:
- Transmitter (Square) – Critical Chance mod with focus on offense and secondary focus on speed, potency, critical chance and offense
- Receiver (Arrow) – Critical Damage with +30 speed – all other stats gained are bonus (CC, potency & offense preferred)
- Processor (Diamond) – Critical Damage mod with focus on defense and secondary focus on speed, potency, health/protection and offense
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Critical Chance mod with +36% critical damage (CC, speed, potency & offense preferred)
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Critical Damage mod with focus on protection and secondary focus on speed, health, critical chance and offense
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Critical Damage mod with +24% potency – all other stats gained are bonus (CC, speed & offense preferred)
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg