Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods SWGoH characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Darth Sion, unveiled to Gaming-fans.com Director of Content LJ and the other SWGoH GameChangers during our trip to the EA Capital Games studio in February 2018, was one of the many reason that February is referred to by this Website as The Month of the Sith. While the initial version of this mod guide was based on Darth Sion’s kit alone and the limited gameplay by LJ at the event, we have adjusted the info only slightly since Sion became a mainstay in the Arena.
Let’s take a look at our recommendations on the best areas of focus for Darth Sion’s mods.
Main Focus: Speed is always important, but Darth Sion’s kit is quite unique. Thus, the main areas of focus should be both Potency and Speed. Potency is necessary for Sion to land his unique Pain debuff which can be applied from the use of Dark Rage, Torment and Break Will. In addition, the use of the basic, Dark Rage, on a target with Pain already on them will dispel any debuffs on Darth Sion, so putting that little red skull icon over the heads of your opponents is critical. Speed is a major focus for obvious reasons – we want to get his turns to come up more quickly and frequently so that his kit can be used most effectively.
Additional Areas to Focus: Offense, Critical Chance, Critical Damage & survivability. Offense, CC and CD are areas of focus to make Darth Sion hit harder. When he has the Hatred buff, Sion will have +25% Critical Chance, so increasing the CD is just logical here. I tend to lean toward the use of Offense mods for Sion as long as the secondary stats are very good to great in an effort to make sure all hits are stronger, not just the critical ones. Finally do not ignore survivability in all forms – Health, Protection and Defense. Darth Sion already has +100% Defense against enemies with Pain as well as when he has his unique Hatred buff. Use of the Held by Hatred special regains 100% Health
Note: Like many characters, Darth Sion’s mods depend on how you plan to use him on your roster. If you want to have him as a super tank, focus on the survivability, but note that this guide is geared toward a balanced blend of enhancements of his existing strengths.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Darth Sion:
Darth Sion has an awesome kit that can put him in line with the META if enhanced properly. For the most effective us of the Darth Sion in SWGoH, I recommend a set of 4 Offense mods and 2 Health or Defense mods based on your available mod inventory.
- Transmitter (Square) – Potency mod with offense primary; speed and health/protection secondaries, as well as potency and defense if possible
- Receiver (Arrow) – Offense mod with +30 speed primary; any offense, potency or defense/health/protection gained in the secondary stats is a bonus
- Processor (Diamond) – Offense mod with defense primary; speed and potency secondaries, as well as health/protection and critical chance if possible
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Offense mod with +36% critical damage primary; any speed, potency or defense/health/protection gained in the secondary stats is a bonus
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Potency mod with health or protection primary; speed and potency secondaries, as well as defense and offense/critical chance if possible
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Offense mod with a potency primary; speed and defense secondaries, as well as offense and health/protection if possible
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Image courtesy of SWGOH.gg