Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods SWGoH characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s character to review mods for will be one of the newest characters added to SWGoH – Bastila Shan. A non-canon character who is from the popular Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic game Bastila is known for her Legendary Battle Meditation which is cleverly built into SWGoH as her unique ability. Now with a Dark Side version in-game, let’s take a look at the best mods for Bastila to make her more effective on your roster.
Main Focus: Speed. While it seems the developers are trying to shy away from the need for huge Speed on characters in SWGoH, it is the necessary evil of Galaxy of Heroes at the time of this writing. There really is no getting away from Speed, and Bastila is a character that has a fantastic kit on paper and needs Speed in order to make the most of her kit. Her Speed comes into play even more in using her in-game as her Legendary Battle Meditation grants the “+50% Potency and +35% Counter Chance” to her allies “at the start of Bastila’s turn.” So faster allies will see the effect wear off between turns meaning a faster Bastila will keep the buff active more often throughout a battle.
Additional Areas to Focus: Offense, Defense, Critical Chance, Potency and survivability in the forms of Health and Defense. While Potency seems logical given her basic Jedi Assault can apply the Ability Block debuff, if you are using her in an all-Jedi squad the added Potency may be overkill given the “+20% Potency for each active Jedi ally,” but if not a Potency cross may be a good move. Her Rally special grants Bastila and a target ally “Offense, Defense, Speed, Accuracy, and Critical Chance Up for 3 turns,” so enhancing any of those stats as well as Critical Damage will make her more effective for each. Survivability in the form or Health is also a key focus given Bastila’s leader ability, Initiative, grants Protection Up, a stat that is always impacted by Max Health in SWGoH.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Bastila Shan:
The “ideal mod setup” can be interpreted a few different ways. If you target Speed, Offense, Defense and Health through the mods you should be able to maximize her kit, but if you want to experiment with added CC/CD that could be an effective option. Here is my recommendation for the best mods for Bastila Shan:
- Transmitter (Square) – Offense mod with offense primary and a secondary focus on speed, health and offense
- Receiver (Arrow) – Health mod with +30 speed – any health, offense or defense gained from secondary stats is a bonus
- Processor (Diamond) – Offense mod with defense primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, critical chance and offense
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Offense mod with +36% critical damage – any health, speed offense or defense gained from secondary stats is a bonus
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Offense mod with health primary and a secondary focus on speed, critical chance, defense and offense
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Health mod with health primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, offense or defense secondaries