Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively. These are mod recommendations and they are certainly not the only option. However we look to help players maximize their characters in SWGoH and we are always open to feedback if you have a mod setup that works well in your own gameplay.
Today’s character to review mods for will be the most recent Legendary character added to Galaxy of Heroes, Rebel Chewbacca. While his kit is strong, it is rather straightforward, so along with some testing on my GameChangers account, I feel comfortable in suggesting mods for Chewie despite the event starting tomorrow, September 27th. If you are having trouble beating the event or just want a reference piece, do not miss my One Famous Wookie Live Blog as I attempt to open Chewie on my personal account.
Main Focus: Speed. Rebel Chewbacca is not a Turn Meter gain character and as a result Speed will be very necessary to ensure he gets to use that strong kit of his to help you in battle. His maxed out Speed is 149, solid but not great, so players with mods with high Speed secondaries will be pushing him to 200 and higher rather quickly, as I recommend.
Additional Areas to Focus: Critical Chance, Critical Damage, Offense, Potency and survivability in the forms of Health and Protection. Potency will help both his basic and his Furious Bowcaster special land debuts. Both Critical Chance and Offense are a good move given both his Pulverize special and his Raging Rookie unique grant him increased CC and Offense. As is usually the case, when CC is a focus, Critical Damage is a logical piggyback to ensure the crits hit significantly harder. Finally, survivability in the forms of Health and Protection will coincide with his Loyal Friend unique which grants Guarded allies and Chewbacca recover 3% Health and 3% Protection whenever Chewie deals damage to an enemy.
In-game Mod Suggestions: Critical Damage & Critical Chance. I agree with the in-game mod recommendations as long as high Speed secondaries are used to beef Chewie’s Speed up as much as possible.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Rebel Chewbacca:
The “ideal mod setup” can be interpreted a few different ways. Personally, I recommend a set of four Critical Damage mods and a set of two Critical Chance mods, as long as you target Speed first, then Potency, CC, Offense Health and Protection through the secondary stats on your mods. My lone area of indecision is the Multiplexer (Plus) mod where I have yet to decide if a Potency primary is necessary. At just 28% base Potency my gut says yes, but only more testing will tell us for sure. Leave your feedback in the comments or Tweet us @GamingFansDFN with your thoughts.
Given Chewbacca is a Legendary Event toon, I suggest using some of your absolute best mods on him to ensure he is as strong as possible. Here is my preferred mod setup for Rebel Chewbacca:
- Transmitter (Square) – Critical Damage mod with offense primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, critical chance and potency
- Receiver (Arrow) – Critical Damage mod with speed primary and a secondary focus on health, protection or offense – any other stats gained are bonus
- Processor (Diamond) – Critical Chance mod with defense primary and a secondary focus on speed, potency, health and offense
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Critical Chance mod with critical damage primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, potency and offense
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Critical Damage mod with protection primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, potency and critical chance
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Critical Damage mod with a offense or potency primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, offense and critical chance