Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively. These are mod recommendations and they are certainly not the only option. However we look to help players maximize their characters in SWGoH and we are always open to feedback if you have a mod setup that works well of your gameplay.
Today’s character to review mods for will be the Bounty Hunter Jango Fett. The newest Bounty Hunter in SWGoH at the time of this writing after being added to SWGoH in September 2018, Jango Fett was rumored to be unlocked via a Legendary Event. While his lack of canon Star Wars screen time seems to have been a major factor, the final decision was to make him yet another Marquee Event character, which, due to the high number of Marquees events, motivated SWGoH GameChanger CubsFanHan to release the Galaxy of Marquees music video. While Jango Fett may have been introduced as a Marquee toon, his kit is solid and he should add even more depth and firepower to the fast-rising Bounty Hunter faction in SWGoH. Let’s take a look at the early suggestions for the best mods for Jango Fett.
Main Focus: Speed. Despite the efforts of the Mods 2.0 update to lessen the impact and value of Speed in SWGoH, Speed is still king. His base Speed is 170 at Gear 12+ maxed, so he starts off as one of the faster toons in the game, and given his strong kit you could consider using a set of four Speed mods on Jango Fett for a 10% Speed boost. If not, go with a Critical Damage set of four with very high Speed secondaries.
Additional Areas to Focus: Critical Chance, Critical Damage, Potency and Health. Jango Fett has a high Critical Chance when maxed out (~42% without mods), and when they gain Bounty Hunter’s Resolve all Bounty Hunters get a +25% CC boost. With the high CC and CD focus, added Offense is not a bad idea, but Potency would be a better focus. High Potency is going to help his Shrapnel Blast and Conflagration specials land the debuffs needed to make his basic hit harder. Finally, when you look to survivability, focus on Health because his Notorious Reputation unique grants him +50% Max Health.
In-game Mod Suggestions: Critical Damage & Critical Chance. I think Potency is more important here than CC, but further testing will determine if I am just being picky or not.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Jango Fett:
The “ideal mod setup” can be interpreted a few different ways. I am still not convinced if a Speed set is better than a Critical Damage set so I am putting both options in the suggestions below. The key is boosting the Potency and Speed as well to maximize Jango Fett’s kit, so here are my recommendations for mods on Jango Fett in SWGoH:
- Transmitter (Square) – Health mod with offense primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, critical chance and potency
- Receiver (Arrow) – Speed/Critical Damage mod with +30 speed and a secondary focus on health and potency
- Processor (Diamond) – Speed/Critical Damage mod with defense primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, critical chance and potency
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Health mod with +36% critical damage and a secondary focus on speed, health and potency
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Speed/Critical Damage mod with health primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, critical chance and potency
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Speed/Critical Damage mod with +24% potency and a secondary focus on speed, health and critical chance