Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively. These are mod recommendations and they are certainly not the only option. However we look to help players maximize their characters in SWGoH and we are always open to feedback if you have a mod setup that works well in your own gameplay.
Today’s character to review mods for will be Old Republic Twi’lek Mission Vao. Living on Taris during Knight of the Old Republic, Mission befriended the wookie Zaalbar and SWGoH has done well to create a strong synergy between the two, just as the the story told in KOTOR. Let’s take a look at how mods can enhance Mission Vao’s kit and build on her strengths.
Main Focus: Speed. At 146 base Speed, Mission Vao has a solid start before mods. I suggest getting your Speed from the secondary stats as the Speed is there to ensure that her hard critical hits come as often and as quickly as possible.
Additional Areas to Focus: Critical Chance, Critical Damage, Offense, Potency* and survivability in the form of Health. Of all of these secondary areas of focus, Health should be your biggest priority and Potency the lowest. Health impacts Mission’s Street Smarts special when she gains Protection Up (based on the Health stat) and it is the lone survivability stat we have room to fit in. Offense fits well into her kit with her Me and Big Z Forever unique where she gets +50% Offense and can stack Offense as well. Maxed out, Mission Vao has over 50% CC, so beefing up her CC and CD numbers will ensure more crits and harder hits. * Finally, Potency is one of those stats with this character that needs a deeper dive. Maxed out at Gear 12+ Mission Vao has 42% Potency, but he Now You See Me unique adds another +80% Potency which adds another 20% (stacking) when an enemy resists her debuffs. Thus, more Potency is not something to put a lot of effort into, but gaining a little in the secondary stats is not terrible either.
In-game Mod Suggestions: Critical Damage & Critical Chance. No disagreement here as long as you focus the secondary stats on gaining significant Speed and Health.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Mission Vao:
The “ideal mod setup” can be interpreted a few different ways. While I recommend a set of four Critical Damage mods and a set of two Critical Chance mods, if you target speed and health through the secondary stats on your mods you should be able to greatly impact Mission Vao’s value. Here is my preferred mod setup for KOTOR’s own Mission Vao:
- Transmitter (Square) – Critical Damage mod with offense primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, critical chance and potency
- Receiver (Arrow) – Critical Damage mod with speed primary and a secondary focus on health and offense – any other stats gained are bonus
- Processor (Diamond) – Critical Chance mod with defense primary and a secondary focus on potency, speed, health or offense
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Critical Chance mod with critical damage primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, potency and offense
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Critical Damage mod with health primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, potency and critical chance
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Critical Damage mod with health or offense primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, offense and critical chance