Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively. These are mod recommendations and they are certainly not the only option. However we look to help players maximize their characters in SWGoH and we are always open to feedback if you have a mod setup that works well of your gameplay.
Today’s character to review mods for will be the Old Republic Wookie Zaalbar. Exiled from Kashyyyk for an attack on his brother, Zaalbar moved to Taris where he and Twi’lek Mission Vao worked together closely and protected one another. In Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes the relationship between the two is clear as Zaalbar and Mission Vao work well together. Let’s take a look at Zaalbar’s kit and how we can use mods in SWGoH to enhance those abilities.
Main Focus: Survivability. Zaalbar is a tank that is designed to synergize with Mission Vao and protect her, just as in Knights of the Old Republic. As a result, you will want to build up Zaalbar’s survivability – Health, Protection & Defense – to make him as effective as he can be. Of course when utilizing Zaalbar’s synergy with Mission Vao, Health should be a focus for basic survivability, and because Protection Up from Mission’s Street Smarts special ability is based off of Max Health.
Additional Areas to Focus: Speed, Offense, Potency and Critical Chance. Speed is important for all characters in Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes, and Zaalbar is one of the slower toons at 118 Speed maxed. Higher offense numbers would be wise to maximize this synergy given “Big Z” gains +50% Offense from Mission’s unique. Potency will strengthen the chance of landing the Damage Over Time (DoT) debuffs on your enemies, something that plays well into emerging Territory War & Grand Arena teams including Zaalbar, Mission Vao and Canderous Ordo under a Carth Onasi lead. Critical Chance is going to help make the Power Blast special more effective as a critical hit can inflict the Armor Shred debuff.
In-game Mod Suggestions: Health. No disagreements here, just be sure to focus your secondary stats on beefing up his other strengths if Zaalbar is a key character on your roster.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Zaalbar:
The “ideal mod setup” can be interpreted a few different ways. If you target Health, Speed, Potency, Critical Chance and Offense through the mods and the secondary stats this could work out well a number of different ways. My preferred mod setup for Zaalbar would be two sets of two Health mods and a set of two Defense mods, as show below.
- Transmitter (Square) – Defense mod with offense primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, potency and critical chance
- Receiver (Arrow) – Health mod with speed primary and a secondary focus on health and defense – other stats gained are a bonus
- Processor (Diamond) – Health mod with defense primary and a secondary focus on potency, speed, health and critical chance
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Health mod with health or critical chance primary and focus and potency, speed, health, and protection or defense
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Health mod with health primary and a secondary focus on offense, speed, health and potency
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Defense mod with health or potency primary and focus on speed, health, potency and defense secondaries