Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for SWGoH characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively. These are mod recommendations based on the character’s kit and actual gameplay to help you in your quest to dominate the Galaxy of Heroes holotables.
Today’s character to review mods for will be the Old Republic Jedi Juhani. A non-canon character who is from the popular Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic game, Juhani was introduced to SWGoH in November/December 2018 along with Carth Onasi. She is a Jedi tank on the Light Side with the Old Republic faction tag. Let’s take a look at the best mods for Juhani to make her more effective on your roster.
Main Focus: Survivability. Since Juhani is a tank you’re going to want her to be able to take a lot of hits and protect the other Jedi or Old Republic toons you use to fight alongside. She has the ability to self heal through her unique, Cathar Resilience, and she also recovers Health and Protection when landing critical hits with Remorseful Thrash, so high Health and Protection secondaries from Health and Defense mods are where I would start.
Additional Areas to Focus: Speed, Potency, Tenacity & Critical Chance. Speed is, 95% of the time, a necessity in SWGoH. Despite the efforts to lessen its impact with Mods 2.0, the game still relies heavily on Speed the farther you advance. For Juhani specifically, having her Taunt is going to be where her value to the team comes in, but the fact that Boastful Provocation also can Stunthe target enemy is an awesome bonus. Thus, Potency is a valuable secondary stat to pick up given that Stun chance and since the Remorseful Thrash special can also land the Stagger debuff if she is stealthed. Sticking with the Remorseful Thrash special, for each Critical Hit from this AoE attack Juhani recovers 10% Health and 10% Protection, enhancing the need for high number in both survivability areas, but also calling for high Critical Chance to trigger this. Finally, Tenacity is always valuable for tanks who Taunt and Juhani is no different.
In-game Mod Recommendations: Tenacity. On paper, Tenacity appears to be an area of emphasis but not the main area of emphasis for Juhani. Rather, Health is the stat that seems to be the most valuable to Juhani given both her Remorseful Thrash special and Cathar Resilience unique both are impacted by her Health stat. If you have a set of Tenacity mods that have high Speed, Health, Protection, CC and/or Potency secondaries go for it, but otherwise Tenacity is not my recommendation.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Juhani:
The “ideal mod setup” can be interpreted a few different ways. If you target Health and Survivability stats first then Speed, Tenacity, Potency and CC from secondary stats, you should be able to maximize Juhani’s kit. I am not opposed to the use of either a Potency or Tenacity set used if you have some fantastic secondaries and plan to use Juhani extensively. Here are my recommendations for the best mods for Juhani:
- Transmitter (Square) – Tenacity mod with offense primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, potency and critical chance
- Receiver (Arrow) – Health mod with speed primary – any critical chance, potency or survivability stat gained from secondary stats is a bonus
- Processor (Diamond) – Health mod with defense primary and a secondary focus on speed, defense, potency and health or critical chance
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Health mod with health or protection primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, potency and critical chance
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Health mod with health or protection primary and a secondary focus on potency, speed, health and critical chance
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Tenacity mod with potency, health or defense primary and a secondary focus on defense, critical chance, health and potency secondaries