Today I’ll be looking at mods for Stormtrooper Han, for a long time, the only iteration of Han Solo available in the game. Equipped with an array of utility moves, as well as a stolen suit of stormtrooper armor, Stormtrooper Han can be an effective part of many teams.
Main Focus: Stormtrooper Han, historically, always wanted speed above all else. His taunt, Draw Fire, instantly grants all team members 30% turn meter, and gives them another 20% each time he is damaged, so he was used to keep your damage dealers safe from the enemies initial attacks while feeding TM to his team. However, as the game has evolved his survivability has desperately needed a boost. Your primary focus should be on Defense, Health and Protection, because otherwise, he’s going to die quickly. An August 2017 rework and added Zeta Ability adding 5% Protection to Stormtrooper Han whenever he takes damage, focusing more on Protection, but it was the introduction of Sana Starros to SWGoH in December 2022 that really brought StHan to relevance.
Additional Areas of Focus: Stormtrooper Han’s taunt, as stated before, grants allies TM on use and whenever he takes damage, so Speed is a must. The faster the taunt is up, the faster your start feeding turn meter to your team. Speed is always important in SWGoH and getting Stormtrooper Han to his taunt is key. With the cooldown reductions from Sana Starros’ leadership as well, you want StHan moving fast throughout, but I would not use a Speed set on him. Potency will help his unique, Bluff, with Turn Meter removal at the start of his turns, but note he does gain +30% Potency from a Sana Starros lead. Finally, Critical Chance is key to the Sana Starros lead as crits will inflict Target Lock on the enemies, so look to beef this up in the secondary stats.
In-game Mod Recommendations: Speed & Potency. This is old content from CG. Given Stormtrooper Han is a taunting tank, I do not feel that a set of 4 Speed mods with a set of 2 Potency mods is the correct direction to go in. My recommendation would be to instead get at least one Defense set on StHan with high Speed secondaries. Honestly, the best suggestion for this character may be to take your best (fastest) Defense mods and put them all on Stormtrooper Han and watch him eat up the hits and pass out the TM.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Stormtrooper Han:
All things considered, I believe the best mod setup for Stormtrooper Han is;
- Transmitter (Square) – Health/Defense mod with offense primary; health, protection, and speed secondaries, with critical chance or potency where possible.
- Receiver (Arrow) – Health/Defense mod with speed primary; health and protection secondaries, with crit chance or potency where possible.
- Processor (Diamond) – Health/Defense mod with defense primary; health, protection, and speed secondaries, with crit chance or potency where possible.
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Health/Defense mod with health, protection or defense primary; health, protection, and speed secondaries, with crit chance or potency where possible.
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Health/Defense mod with protection primary; health and speed secondaries, with crit chance or potency where possible..
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Health/Defense mod with protection primary; health and speed secondaries, with crit chance or potency where possible.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg
Originally written for Gaming-fans.com by PsychoPoet
Last Updated by LJ, 12.16.22
Hey great work you have done!!. But I have a doubt, I understand that speed is important, but doesnt SHan need potency for his Bluff to work? or as the chance is only 25% it is no worth on spending Potency here and its best to go with CC and CD like you mention?
Again thanks for the info. Was a great help to make Han more effective.