Welcome to another article in a series about Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for individual characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Bounty Hunter Boba Fett is described by SWGoH as a “ruthless Bounty Hunter attacker who ignores taunts, ability blocks and self-revives.” As SWGoH has progressed, Boba Fett has gone from a mediocre character to a high-end toon after getting a rework in late 2016 and again in April 2018 as part of the Bounty Hunter faction rework.
Main Focus: While every character needs speed, which I say in almost every mods article, Boba Fett is most effective when he has high Speed, Potency, Critical Chance and Critical Damage. Because this game puts such an emphasis on speed, push his speed number as high as possible – in the 200 range for sure.
Additional Areas to Focus: Potency, Critical Chance, Critical Damage and survivability are the other areas to focus on given Boba Fett’s kit. If Speed is 1A, Potency should be 1B. Ideally, Boba Fett’s speed is so high that he attacks first in most battles, inflicts Ability Block with his AOE special attack Death From Above, and the battle progresses accordingly. When used in Phase 2 of the Heroic Tank Takedown Raid, high potency is just as important given the goal is to land DOTs (Damage Over Time – see SWGoH Acronyms & Definitions). In addition, high potency adds more DOTs and can add Ability Block which adds value and power to his Execute special.
Speaking of the Execute special attack which deals 30% more damage for each debuff on the enemy when used, Critical Chance and Critical Damage can enhance this and all of Boba Fett’s attacks. When used as a leader, he grants 10% CC and 50% CD to all allies, so enhancing these numbers will make him a more offensive character. Finally, Boba is a bit squishy (not as much when leading a high potency Bounty Hunter squad), so adding health, protection and defense will help his survivability.
One note is that Boba Fett’s Payout now “has +50 Speed and an additional Defense Penetration equal to 200% of his Defense Penetration” per the in-game text. So a fast Boba Fett remains very important, but Defense Penetration is not gained from mods at this time so that continues to be a gear-driven stat.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Boba Fett:
Boba Fett is one of those SWGoH toons who greatly benefits from being properly modded. Knowing full well the difficulty of finding the ideal mods in this game, here is my recommended mod setup for the Boba Fett:
- Transmitter (Square) – Potency mod with focus on offense and secondary focus on critical chance, speed, offense and protection
- Receiver (Arrow) – Critical Damage with +30 speed – all other stats gained are bonus, but CC and potency are preferred
- Processor (Diamond) – Critical Damage mod with focus on defense and secondary focus on speed, potency, health and protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Critical Damage mod with +36% critical damage – all other stats gained are bonus
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Critical Damage mod with focus on protection and secondary focus on critical chance, speed, defense and potency
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Potency mod with +24% potency – all other stats gained are bonus, but CC and potency are preferred
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg