Welcome to the best mods for Hunter, the latest article in our series about Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for individual SWGoH characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every character I write about extensively. These are mod recommendations based on the character’s kit and actual gameplay to help you in your quest to dominate the Galaxy of Heroes holotables.
A member of “The Bad Batch,” a clone commando special forces squad that was active during the Clone Wars, Hunter was introduced in SWGoH in April 2021. A Light Side Attacker who is a Leader and a Clone Trooper, Hunter also belongs to the Galactic Republic and Bad Batch factions. Let’s take a look at Hunter and the best mods to fit his kit in SWGoH.
Main Focus: Speed is the statistic that EA Capital Games made the most important stat in the game when they added mods back in the summer of 2016, and with a base Speed of just 138 it appears that Hunter is not designed to be a super fast character. While this stat should not be ignored, the in-game recommendations point toward CC and CD. Testing with the entire Bad Batch team will need to take place as, early on at least, this is not yet making sense.
Additional Areas to Focus: Potency, Offense, Critical Chance, Critical Damage and survivability in the forms of Health & Defense. Despite the +50% Potency that all Bad Batch allies gain from his leadership, Potency cannot be overlooked with Hunter as he is able to inflict Expose on enemies which seems key to the Bad Bad team’s success. Added Offense will undoubtedly help as will CC/CD since these are the in-game recommendations, and improving his Health and Defense appear to be the best areas of emphasis on the survivability side, especially with the addition of Tech, a character who adds the Translation buff to his allies and can boost the base Health by +30%. Hunter has a high base Health stat to start, and it appears that the Defense Up buff will play a strong role on this team, so added Defense just amplifies this.
Speed Priority: 5/10 – For now I am staying in the middle with the Speed Priority for Hunter until we know more about the Bad Batch characters.
In-game Mod Recommendations: Critical Damage & Critical Chance. Until we have the other Clone Force 99/Bad Batch character kits the best bet is to follow the in-game mod recommendations and look to find strong Speed secondary stats.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Hunter:
Hunter is the first member of the Bad Batch faction and will surely fit into that team quite nicely given it is perfect for a game like Galaxy of Heroes. While CG recommends a Critical Damage and Critical Chance set, I could see a Health or Potency set with high CC secondaries as an option too. Either way, here is my preferred mod setup for Hunter:
- Transmitter (Square) – Critical Chance mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, potency, critical chance and offense/health/defense
- Receiver (Arrow) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on speed and a secondary focus on offense, critical chance, health and defense or potency
- Processor (Diamond) – Critical Chance mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, potency, critical chance and offense/health/defense
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on critical damage and a secondary focus on speed, potency, critical chance and offense/health/defense
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on health and a secondary focus on speed, potency, critical chance and health/defense
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on health or offense and a secondary focus on speed, offense, critical chance and potency