Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for is one of the newest characters in the game and one of the most well-known heroes of the Star Wars saga – Han Solo, only this time as Captain Han Solo. Available on Cantina node 7-D starting in late August 2017, CHS is a requirement in some missions within Territory Battles – Hoth and while I have not had time to test “Hoth Han” out much, his kit seems rather straightforward. Let’s take a look at the best mods for CHS below.
Main Focus: Speed. What has become increasingly annoying in SWGoH is the extreme need for Speed for anyone looking to compete at the highest levels in this game. Look to get Captain Han Solo to the 170-180 range to even be competitive against tough enemies.
Additional Areas to Focus: Critical Chance, Critical Damage, Health and Potency. Potency will help his basic, Disabling Shot, when used on non-Empire enemies (Empire enemies cannot resist or evade). His unique, Nick of Time, gives CHS +15% Critical Chance and +30% Critical Damage on top of his regular stats, so look to turn these good numbers into great numbers. Finally, his Hunker Down special not only dispels debuffs from CHS and a target ally, but both recover Health equal to 40% of Captain Han’s Max Health. In addition, if you put a Zeta ability material on his Nick of Time unique CHS gains 10% Max Health (stacking) for 3 turns, so getting his Max Health number higher is nothing but a plus.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Captain Han Solo:
I recommend the use of four Critical Damage and two Health mods on Han with as much Speed as possible. Thus, here is my recommended approach for mods on Captain Han Solo, aka Hoth Han:
- Transmitter (Square) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on defense, speed, health and critical chance
- Receiver (Arrow) – Critical Damage mod with +30 speed primary – any other stats gained are a bonus
- Processor (Diamond) – Health mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, health, critical chance and potency
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Critical Damage mod with +36% Critical Damage – any other stats gained are a bonus
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Critical Damage mod with primary focus on health and a secondary focus on speed, health, critical chance and potency
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Health mod with primary focus on health and a secondary focus on defense, speed, critical chance and protection
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg