Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for specific SWGoH characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s character to review mods for is one of the most difficult characters to obtain in SWGoH – Hermit Yoda. While I have not yet used Hermit Yoda, after evaluating his kit, I feel confident that he will change the META in SWGoH moving forward. Available only from buying his shards in the Guild Events Store, Hermit Yoda is unique in the fact that he does not attack enemies – he only assists and strengthens his teammates.
Main Focus: Speed is important with all characters in SWGoH, some more than others. With a 160 base Speed, Hermit Yoda is one of the game’s fastest toons, so my advice is go all-in on Speed with this character. A full set of maxed Speed mods will boost his Speed by 15% (24) which can really be a difference-maker. My advice will be to shoot for 250 or higher if you are a top contender in the Squad Arena and plan to use him there (I will be doing so).
Additional Areas to Focus: Health and Protection. This is a tricky area and likely to evolve as gameplay of Hermit Yoda becomes more readily available. Since Hermit Yoda’s Strength Flows from the Force special equalizes the Health of all allies then grants 20% Health and 20% Protection to each, Health should definitely be a focus to grant more to Hermit Yoda’s allies.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Hermit Yoda:
As Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes continues to evolve, one thing the dev team does well is matching up the strengths of new characters with their faction. Hermit Yoda is a fantastic complement to any Jedi team while also fitting in with a variety of other Light Side characters.
Of course I will re-evaluate these recommendations after I start using him, but with all of this in mind, here is my recommended mod approach for Hermit Yoda:
- Transmitter (Square) – Speed mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, health, defense and protection
- Receiver (Arrow) – Speed mod with +30 speed – all other stats gained are a bonus
- Processor (Diamond) – Speed mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, health and protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Speed mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, tenacity, health and protection
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Health mod with a primary focus on protection and a secondary focus on speed, health, tenacity and defense
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Health mod with a primary focus on health and a secondary focus on speed, protection, defense and tenacity
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal. Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg