Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for specific SWGoH characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s character to review mods is The Force Awakens & The Last Jedi star Rey (Jedi Training). In the early days of Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes one of the first METAs (what does META mean?) we ever saw was the Rey META – the use of Rey (Scavenger), and a fast Rey, was the difference in winning an losing in the Squad Arena. Since then SWGoH has changed a lot, and many are looking at Rey (Jedi Training) to change the CLS META that has dominated since August 2017. RJT will certainly adjust the META in my opinion as she already is starting to impact the viability of the Barriss Offee Zeta just hours into her introduction to the game.
Main Focus: Like everyone in the game, Speed is a heavy focus. With a 140 base Speed, Rey (Jedi Training) is not nearly as fast as the original Rey (Scavenger), but if you are planning to use RJT extensively it makes sense to get her above 200 Speed through strong secondary mod stats. While she gains a lot of Turn Meter, especially when used as a leader or with BB-8, Speed is nothing but an asset with this character’s strong kit.
Additional Areas to Focus: Critical Chance, Critical Damage and survivability. My original look at her kit and my use of her now all lean the same way – survivability, CC and CD. At Gear 12 she has nearly 42% Critical Chance, so getting her above 50% from the boost from your mods is not difficult. Add in that as a leader she grants an additional 30% CC and 30% CD and your crits will be frequent and hit harder. Keeping her survivability stats high from health, protection and defense is also very important to build on the strengths of her kit.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Rey (Jedi Training):
As I have stated before, as Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes continues to evolve, one thing the dev team does well is matching up the strengths of new characters with their faction. Rey (Jedi Training) is a fantastic addition to the Resistance in SWGoH and will, in my opinion, replace the Zeta Finn leadership that I am such a big fan of. With the right mods on her and the toons surrounding her, RJT will indeed prove to be a Top 5 character in this game once we have more data, and if these recommendations change I will gladly update. Your thoughts and opinions are also welcome in the comments below.
Here are my recommendations for the best mods approach for Rey (Jedi Training):
- Transmitter (Square) – Critical Chance mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, protection, critical chance and defense
- Receiver (Arrow) – Critical Damage mod with +30 speed – (this would be a good time to consult SWGOH.gg to see which of your +30 speed CD mods is strongest in survivability stats and use it on RJT)
- Processor (Diamond) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, health, offense and protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Critical Damage mod with +36% critical damage – (this is one of the characters to use that rare +36% critical damage with a speed secondary)
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on protection and a secondary focus on speed, health, protection and defense
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Critical Chance mod with a focus on offense or defense (depending on how you prefer your RJT) and a secondary focus on speed, protection, defense and critical chance
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Some images courtesy of SWGOH.gg