Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for specific SWGoH characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s character to review mods is The Force Awakens & The Last Jedi star Rey (Jedi Training). In the early days of Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes one of the first METAs (what does META mean?) we ever saw was the Rey META – the use of Rey (Scavenger), and a fast Rey, was the difference in winning an losing in the Squad Arena. Since then SWGoH has changed a lot, as the community looked to Rey (Jedi Training) to change the CLS META that dominated August through December of 2017. RJT, with her droids beside her, stepped in to adjust the META and in many ways replace Commander Luke and almost completely nullified the viability of the Barriss Offee Zeta in the Squad Arena just days after her introduction to the game.
Main Focus: Like everyone in the game, Speed is a heavy focus. With a 140 base Speed, Rey (Jedi Training) is not nearly as fast as the original Rey (Scavenger), but if you are planning to use RJT extensively it makes sense to get her above 200 Speed through strong secondary mod stats. While she gains a lot of Turn Meter, especially when used as a leader and with a super fast BB-8, Speed is nothing but an asset with this character’s strong kit.
Additional Areas to Focus: Critical Chance, Critical Damage and survivability. My original look at her kit and my use of her now all lean the same way – survivability, CC and CD. At Gear 12+ she has about 47% Critical Chance, so getting her well above 50% from the boost from your mods is easy. Add in that as a leader she grants an additional 30% CC and 30% CD and your crits will be frequent and hit harder – this is especially helpful in the Sith Triumvirate Raid where RJT is an all-star in multiple phases and the queen of Phase 1. Keeping her survivability stats high from health, protection and defense is also very important to build on the strengths of her kit.
In-game Mod Recommendations: Critical Chance & Critical Damage.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Rey (Jedi Training):
As I have stated before, as Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes continues to evolve, one thing the dev team does well is matching up the strengths of new characters with their faction. Rey (Jedi Training) is a fantastic addition to the Resistance in SWGoH and, as I predicted in December 2017, has basically replaced the Zeta Finn leadership that I am such a big fan of, at least for those who have been lucky enough to be able to unlock her. With the right mods on her and the toons surrounding her, RJT has proven to be a top character in this game.
Here are my recommendations for the best mods approach for Rey (Jedi Training):
- Transmitter (Square) – Critical Chance mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, protection, critical chance and defense
- Receiver (Arrow) – Critical Damage mod with +30 speed – (this would be a good time to consult SWGOH.gg to see which of your +30 speed CD mods is strongest in survivability stats and use it on RJT)
- Processor (Diamond) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, health, offense and protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Critical Damage mod with +36% critical damage – (this is one of the characters to use that rare +36% critical damage with a speed secondary)
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on protection and a secondary focus on speed, health, protection and defense
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Critical Chance mod with a focus on offense or defense (depending on how you prefer your RJT) and a secondary focus on speed, protection, defense and critical chance
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Some images courtesy of SWGOH.gg