Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for specific SWGoH characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s character to review mods for is BB-8, a character I have been using daily since his initial release and has, as I predicted, become “a major player in SWGoH moving forward.” Made available in the Pieces & Plans BB-8 Legendary Event, “He’s a BB unit. One of a kind. Orange and white. Utterly unique and utterly invaluable.” With this in mind, I suggest you take modding BB-8 very seriously. Given it takes a Legendary event to unlock him, BB-8 will undoubtedly become an important player in Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes moving forward.
Main Focus: Like everyone in the game, Speed is a heavy focus. With a 162 base Speed, BB-8 is one of the fastest in the game, so build on that and annoy the heck out of your enemies with a 220+ Speed for BB-8 if you are a serious player and investing heavily into this droid. For those near the top of the META, 270+ should be your goal.
Additional Areas to Focus: Critical Chance, Potency and survivability. Higher Critical Chance makes sense given BB-8’s Illuminated Destiny special has its cooldown reduced by 1 every time a droid scores a critical hit, but CC is even more important under an Rey (Jedi Training) lead given the TM boost from critical hits. Potency will help make his basic, Arc Welder, be more well, potent, to inflict the Tenacity Down debuff which, if already on the enemy, results in a Daze the next time around. It will also help land the Expose debuffs on the Illuminated Destiny special, which, in a long battle, can be used multiple times despite the 70 cooldown. Given he is a Resistance character that Tenacity Down will make a Zeta Finn leadership even more effective which is scary for any opponent. Since BB-8 has a solid amount of Health to start and can taunt in an all-droid squad, look to build his survivability – defense, health and especially protection – to keep him alive longer to hopefully get to use that very interesting Illuminated Destiny special. The survivability is especially important if you plan to use him in an all-droid lineup where he taunts and, with a Zeta, can regain health and protection for all droids.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH BB-8:
As Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes continues to evolve, one thing the dev team does well is matching up the strengths of new characters with their faction. BB-8 can not only inflict Tenacity Down on enemies but also increase Potency for his allies – both strengthen a Zeta Finn Resistance team. With all of this in mind, here is my recommended mod approach for BB-8:
- Transmitter (Square) – Speed mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on potency, speed, critical chance and protection
- Receiver (Arrow) – Speed mod with +30 speed – all other stats gained are a bonus
- Processor (Diamond) – Speed mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, health, critical chance and protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Potency mod with a primary focus on critical chance and a secondary focus on speed, critical chance, health and defense
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Potency mod with a primary focus on protection and a secondary focus on speed, health, defense and critical chance
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Speed mod with a primary focus on defense protection – whichever has the largest speed secondary you can find
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal. Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg