Welcome to another article in our series about Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for individual characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for will be Poggle The Lesser, Archduke leader of the Geonosians. One of four Geonosian characters in SWGoH at the time of writing, Poggle The Lesser is the lone Geonosian with a leader ability and because of his background with overseeing the droid factories during the Clone Wars, he also has a nice synergy with Droids. So let’s take a look at which mods are best suited and which stats we want to enhance for Poggle The Lesser.
Main Focus: Speed. With a base Speed of 144, Poggle The Lesser starts off faster than most in SWGoH. Since his Droid Assault special grants Speed Up for Droid allies and his basic can apply the Ability Block debuff, having him taking turns more frequently is going to be wise. If he is one of your top characters push his Speed up around 200, but if you are like me and he is the leader of your 17th squad in Territory Wars, 170-180 is fine.
Additional Areas to Focus: Potency, Offense and survivability. The chance to add Ability Block on the basic may not seem that valuable, but it can indeed be quite helpful against characters like Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Zeta Kylo Ren and many others. Thus, high Potency is quite valuable, and is even more valuable when using Poggle with Geonosian Spy given GS gains 70% Turn Meter whenever a Geonosian ally inflicts a negative status effect on an enemy. Because he grants allies Offense up from his special and his leader ability grants 30% gains in offense to Droids and Geonosian allies, added Offense makes sense, but Poggle himself is not a big hitter, so do not reply on him to be to main offensive weapon in any squad. Finally, he is a bit squishy and relies heavily on dodging attacks, so beef up his survivability in the forms of Health, Protection and Defense.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Poggle The Lesser:
Because Offense is one of the focuses and we use Offense mods so infrequently in SWGoH, I tested them on my Poggle The Lesser and liked what I saw. While you could also look to a Potency set with Health and Defense sets, the key is getting the strong secondary stats from any mods on any toon. Let’s take a look at my recommended approach for Poggle’s mods:
- Transmitter (Square) – Offense mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on defense, potency, speed and protection
- Receiver (Arrow) – Offense mod with +30 speed primary – all other stats gained are a bonus but secondary focuses on health, potency and protection are preferred
- Processor (Diamond) – Offense mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, health, potency and protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Potency mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, health, defense and protection
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Potency mod with a primary focus on protection and a secondary focus on speed, health, potency and defense
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Offense mod with +24% potency – all other stats gained are a bonus but secondary focuses on speed, health, potency and protection are preferred
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg