Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for individual SWGoH characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for is the Resistance Trooper. One of two generic characters to complete the early Resistance faction, the Resistance Trooper, when correctly modded, can be a strong attacker landing Expose and Speed Down on enemies, especially as a member of a Zeta Finn leadership.
Main Focus: Speed. Broken record, I know. It is just the reality of SWGoH – without speed you are basically ineffective. But if Speed is 1A…
Additional Areas to Focus: Potency & survivability. Then Potency is 1B. Both the basic and the special attacks rely on Potency to help land debuffs – Expose on the basic and Speed Down on the special. I would focus heavily on Potency as a result and look to add survivability – defense, health and protection – to keep your Resistance Trooper in the battle longer. As mentioned above, the Expose debuff is HUGE under a Zeta Finn leadership, so landing Expose over and over again can be the key to total dominance in a battle. I would not sacrifice 3-5% Potency just to get 5-10 more Speed on RT, but both remain very important.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Resistance Trooper:
The Resistance Trooper is one of the more straight-forward characters in terms of mods needed to maximize effectiveness. Here is my preferred mod setup:
- Transmitter (Square) – Potency mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, potency, health and protection
- Receiver (Arrow) – Potency mod with +30 speed – anything else is just a bonus
- Processor (Diamond) – Potency mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, health, offense and protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Potency mod with a focus on offense or +36% Critical Damage
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Potency mod with primary focus on health or protection and a secondary focus on speed, potency, critical chance and offense
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Potency mod with +24% potency – anything else is just a bonus
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal. Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg