As our seemingly never ending quest to provide a Best Mods For guide for every character in SW:GoH continues, we find ourselves looking at Plo Koon.
Plo Koon was a Jedi Master and General who was part of the Jedi Council during the Clone Wars. In SW:GoH, he is one of many Jedi that are lacking in power. Plo Koon however, has a very unique leadership ability, Overwatch, which reads “Each ally has a 55% chance to remove Stealth from each enemy at the start of their turn. If they dispel any enemies, they gain Offense Up for 1 turn.”
On paper, Plo Koon should be an ideal leader against teams using R2-D2, or a Nightsister Acolyte/Zombie duo, or even zMaul led Sith teams. Unfortunately, many, if not all, viable arena teams rely on a strong leader ability to bring them together and boost their stats. This, combined with stats that are just “okay” makes Plo Koon a rarely seen toon in arena and other high level areas of the game.
Main Focus: Plo Koon has a guaranteed, single buff dispel on his basic, as well as a 50% chance to dispel all buffs on his target, so boosting his speed as much as possible will help clear pesky taunts, Tenacity Up, etc as quickly as possible. He can also grant Clone and Jedi allies 50% TM, and 25% TM to other allies, which just makes Speed more valuable.
Additional Areas to Focus: If you run Plo Koon under a leader that increases Crit Chance, your secondary focus should be on Crit chance and Crit damage, to boost his damage as much as possible. Otherwise, Offense and Crit Chance will get better results. As far as survivability goes, Protection, as always, gives the biggest boost.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Plo Koon:
Despite the importance of Speed, Plo Koon can gain a maximum of 11 speed from using a speed set, so it’s not recommended. Rather, the following is the ideal mod setup for Plo Koon:
- Transmitter (Square) – Crit Chance/Crit Damage or Offense mod with an offense primary and a secondary focus on speed and crit chance.
- Receiver (Arrow) – Crit Chance/Crit Damage or Offense mod with a speed primary – all other stats gained are bonus.
- Processor (Diamond) – Crit Chance/Crit Damage or Offense mod with a defense primary and a secondary focus on speed, crit chance, and offense.
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Crit Chance/Crit Damage or Offense mod with a offense/crit chance (or crit damage, if you’re above 30% crit chance) and a secondary focus on speed, and offense or crit chance.
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Crit Chance/Crit Damage or Offense mod with a protection primary and a secondary focus on speed, crit chance and offense.
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Crit Chance/Crit Damage or Offense mod with a potency primary and a secondary focus on speed, crit chance and offense.
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg
By PsychoPoet of Descendents of the Empire
Gaming-fans.com Senior Staff Writer