With the recent release of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, the team at EA Games and Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes has done their best to push the new movie on their loyal fanbase of die-hards. But as we have seen the additions of Rogue One Characters Baze Malbus, Chirrut Imwe, and on premier night Jyn Erso, let’s take a look at some of the top characters missing from SWGoH as of today.
Note that the launch of November 2017’s fan voting has a greatly-expanded and updated list of characters and allows for fans to vote for the top character missing from SWGoH today.
- Jango Fett – Given the recent emphasis on Bounty Hunters, Boba Fett’s father, Jango Fett, seems like one of the most obvious characters missing from the game. Since he was the genetic template for the republic’s clone troopers, an interesting synergy could be a possibility as well.
- Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight – One has to think that a mega-event or Raid will come in the near future to get Luke Skywalker in his Return of the Jedi form. A Luke Skywalker pilot with synergies with both Biggs Darklighter AND Wedge Antilles could also be a cool possibility – maybe as a prize in a new Death Star Raid for SWGoH Ships…
- R2-D2 & C-3PO – This missing piece may soon be solved – for R2-D2 at least. “Hardware abilities” – characters and pieces to enhance Ships – are “coming soon” per the icons in the individual ships.
- Anyone from the Rebels Series – Ezra Bridger, Kanan Jarrus, Hera Syndulla, Sabine Wren and more. What is with the ignoring of Star Wars Rebels? And wouldn’t Kanan and Ezra have to have some kind of cool synergy?
- Cham Syndulla – The leader of the Free Ryloth Movement has an entire Canon book centered around him and appeared in both the Clone Wars and the Rebels animated series.
- Mother Talzin – Mother Talzin basically ran Dathomir and is responsible for Star Wars’ inclusions of Darth Maul, Asajj Ventress and Savage Opress. In SWGoH we have two generic Nightsisters, Talia, Asajj and Old Daka. The addition of Mother Talzin could make a Nightsister synergy that is actually relevant in the game…
- Flametrooper – The First Order’s Flametroopers could be beefed-up version of the Magmatrooper, only with actual offensive abilities. Plus, we are lacking on quality First Order and Resistance characters, so I expect we will see Flametroopers around the time they start to hype Episode 8.
- Ki-Adi Mundi – The Cerean Jedi Master was a member of the Jedi High Council and a pretty significant player in the Clone Wars series. Of course we have a ton of Jedi already so EA would have to make some pretty cool synergies to avoid him falling into the “just another Jedi” category.
- Padme Amidala – Anakin’s wife, Luke & Leia’s mother, former Queen of Naboo and later a Senator. The much-accomplished Padme Amidala would be a crack-shot in the game, but it’s hard to think of what other abilities she could be given to be a relevant character in SWGoH.
- Mas Amedda – Emperor Palpatine’s right-hand man, interesting synergies of manipulation (of turn meter, buffs, etc.) could be at hand here, especially with E-Palp himself.
Do you have others you would like to see added? Leave your thoughts in the comments and tell us more!