Welcome the latest in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for individual SWGoH characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every hero I write about extensively. These are mod recommendations based on the character’s kit and actual gameplay to help you in your quest to dominate the Galaxy of Heroes holotables.
Today’s character to review mods for will be Clone Sergeant – Phase I, an often-overlooked character who burst on the scene as a valuable member of the Clone team in the early days of the AAT and Heroic AAT. With updates to the Galactic Republic faction in August and September 2019 and the rework of the 501st Legion of Clone Troopers, it will be interesting to see if this character gets any enhanced abilities or is simply more relevant thanks to the abilities of those around him. Let’s take a look at the best mods for Clone Sergeant – Phase I as I will continue to review this as further updates are made.
Main Focus: Clone Sergeant is designed to be one of the top attackers on your Clone team and gains Turn Meter from critical hits using his basic, so Critical Chance is the main area of focus. Because he also gains 4.5% CC for each additional living Clone factor in +18% for most battles he is involved in, and any additional CC gained from being paired with other Clones, Echo included.
Additional Areas to Focus: Critical Damage, Potency, Offense. Whenever the Clone Sergeant scores a critical hit from his basic, Z-6 Rotary Blaster, he gains 50% Turn Meter which really nullifies the need for extreme Speed. Critical Damage is a given for any high CC-focused character to make sure the attacks hit harder, and when he lands a crit he gains +10% CD and Offense Up for 2 turns, so this will further enhance both stats. Offense is therefore and obvious focus as well to ensure all attacks, not just the crits, hit harder. Potency is needed to make his AoE special attack, Suppressive Fire, more effective since it can remove 50% TM from enemies.
Note that when you get him to Gear 13 and start to upgrade Clone Sergeant’s Relic, he gains significant Health, Offense (Physical Damage), and almost 34% CC to bring his Relic 7 maxed out Physical Critical Chance to 87.67%. As a result, the use of a CC set or high CC secondaries will become less important as getting over 100% CC is a waste of your stat enhancements.
In-game Mod Recommendations: Critical Damage & Critical Chance. No disagreement here as his kit is fairly straightforward and reliant on these stats to be effective, but once you get into Relic upgrades consider a Potency or Health set in place of the CC mods.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Clone Sergeant:
Modded correctly, the Clone Sergeant should be a major damage dealer on any Clone-centric team he is a part of. Here is a look at the best mods for Clone Sergeant – Phase I:
- Transmitter (Square) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on offense and secondary focus on speed, offense, potency and critical chance
- Receiver (Arrow) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on speed or offense and secondary focus on offense, potency and critical chance (or speed if not the primary stat)
- Processor (Diamond) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on defense and secondary focus on offense, potency and critical chance
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Critical Chance mod with a primary focus on critical damage and a secondary focus on offense, potency and critical chance
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on health or protection and a secondary focus on potency, offense and critical chance
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Critical Chance mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on offense, potency, speed and critical chance
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg