Welcome the latest in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for individual SWGoH characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively. For the Clone segment of the best mods articles, my lmg-time Guildmate Adelka was kind enough to offer his thoughts and what has worked for him back in early 2017. But the game has evolved and the Clones went from highly important, to afterthoughts, to once again of major importance thanks to the addition of Geonosis: Republic Offensive Territory Battle.
Today’s toon to review mods for will be Commander Cody (CC-2224), once one of the hardest toons to farm in Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes. Often seen fighting alongside General Kenobi during the Clone Wars, for the purposes of SWGoH Commander Cody was once a very valuable member of the AAT or Heroic AAT team for Phase 2 or Phase 4. But with the new Territory Battle now in the game, it is important to look at Cody’s mods from a fresh, new perspective to ensure he is as effective as possible. Let’s take a look at the Best Mods for Commander Cody.
Main Focus: Speed remains king throughout Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes, and while this was our original recommendation nearly 3 years ago when this was first published, I see no reason to change it up. Note that if you are using his basic often, Speed is less important due to the Turn Meter gain, however you still want Cody and the other Clones attacking as often as possible, so focus on Speed as much as you can from the secondary mod stats if you cannot afford a full set of four Speed mods.
Additional Areas to Focus: Critical Chance, Critical Damage, Offense and Potency. The AT-TE Mass-river Cannon special is more effective with more crits, so making sure Cody has high CC is important. “If this attack scores at least 2 Critical Hits, Stun the primary target for 1 turn” is how it reads, so do not shy away from Potency as well. Of course any character with high CC should have high CD to make those critical hits hurt more. Offense will blend in nicely with the CC/CD focus as well, and note that if Cody is used as a Leader at any point you should also look to boost his Defense and the Protection for all Clones under his lead.
In-game Mod Recommendations: Speed & Critical Chance. This fits the in-game recommendations by the devs to load up on using Speed mods, knowing full well how hard it is for players to acquire top-end Speed mods with high Speed secondaries in this game. Honestly I do not disagree, but one could also approach Cody with a CC/CD or CC/Offense focus and high Speed secondaries, or with a Speed and CC combination.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH CC-2224 Cody:
The Clone Trooper faction and 501st continue to get renewed attention, and while we will have to see how this new Territory Battle plays out, having your Clones properly modded will be key for your success. Because of the important of Critical Chance to his kit, you must ensure this stat gets the boost needed to make him effective. As a result, here are what I believe to be the best options on how to mod CC-2224 Cody in SWGoH:
- Transmitter (Square) – Speed/Offense/Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on offense and secondary focus on speed, critical chance, offense and potency
- Receiver (Arrow) – Speed/Offense/Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on speed and secondary focus on critical chance and offense
- Processor (Diamond) – Speed/Offense/Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on defense and secondary focus on speed, critical chance, defense and protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Critical Chance mod with a primary focus on critical chance or critical damage and and secondary focus on speed, critical chance and offense
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Speed/Offense/Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on protection and secondary focus on speed, critical chance, offense and potency
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Critical Chance mod with a primary focus on offense or protection and secondary focus on speed, critical chance, offense and potency
Original content by Adelka of Descendants of the Empire
Revised 11/2019 by LJ
Image courtesy of SWGOH.gg