Welcome to the latest article in our series about Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for individual characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for will be Talia, a member of the Nightsisters and one of the few Dark Side healers in the game, along with her fellow Nightsister Old Daka. While Talia does not have high value in the AAT or HAAT, she is a character that is very important in the early-going of SWGoH because of her healing ability, and she was the October 2017 daily login character for SWGoH, and in March 2018 a boost in Talia’s value may have been discovered…
Main Focus: Talia is like almost every other character in SWGoH because she needs Speed to maximize her effectiveness. She starts with a base Speed of 115 which is pretty slow, so get her in the 180+ range to ensure she has value in your Nightsister squad.
Additional Areas to Focus: Potency, Offense, Health & Protection. Like on so many other characters, Potency is key with Talia. Her Harrowing Assault special attack inflicts a Damage Over Time (aka DOT – see SWGoH Acronyms & Definitions) and now also Stagger after the rework. Offense or Critical Chance & Critical Damage are important because Talia’s basic, Draining Strike, now reads “Deal Physical damage to target enemy, dealing +50% damage if Talia is below full Health. Nightsister allies recover Health equal to the damage dealt.” Thus, if you hit harder, you gain more health, and higher offense is never a bad thing… Given Critical Chance and Critical Damage also help characters rack up stronger attacks, both should be considered in the secondary stats of your mods as well. Finally, a little bit of modding strategy. Talia’s healing special, Water Of Life, consumes 20% of her Max Health to heal all allies by 50% Max Health. Thus, while I am not suggesting you focus on lower Health numbers in doing so, I recommend a focus on higher Protection. The thinking here is that if she is high on Protection and them loses/consumes 20% of her Max Health to heal the squad, the high Protection will help shield her long enough to use the basic, Draining Strike, which will then help replenish that Health lost.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Talia:
The “ideal mod setup” can be interpreted a few different ways, and while I recommend Health and Potency mods, offense, CC or CD mods could be used instead if you prefer. Here is my preferred/recommended setup for Talia:
- Transmitter (Square) – Health mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, potency, critical chance and protection
- Receiver (Arrow) – Potency mod with +30 speed – all other stats gained are bonus
- Processor (Diamond) – Health mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, potency, health and protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Potency mod with primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, health and potency
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Health mod with a primary focus on protection and a secondary focus on speed, potency, offense and health
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Health mod with +24% potency – other stats gained are a bonus, but additional speed or protection is preferred