Welcome to another article in our series about Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for individual characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for will be the First Order Stormtrooper, a tank who taunts and can slow down opposing players with his basic attack, Hindering Shot. A decent farm, the FO Stormtrooper is available on Dark Side 2-A as well as two Light Side boards, 2-B and 9-A.
Main Focus: While every character needs speed (yes, I do say this every time because it is true), the First Order Stormtrooper gets a lot of counter attacks from his unique Return Fire (+65% Counter Chance). However, because he taunts, you want speed so that you can get to his turn faster and protect his teammates. Either way, I am going to focus on Critical Chance as the top strategic advantage since a critical hit guarantees the speed down debuff. The basic reads “Deal physical damage to target enemy with a 50% chance to inflict Speed Down for 1 turn. This chance is increased to 100% on a Critical Hit.
Additional Areas to Focus: Offense, Potency, Critical Damage & Defense. Potency is important because the speed down can be key in many battles. The high CC numbers gained above should warrant a look at CD, and offense is directly tied into Critical Chance and Critical Damage so it should get some serious consideration. Any defense, health and protection gained from mods is a plus as well given the First Order Stormtrooper taunts and thus will absorb many of the hits from the rest of your team.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH First Order Stormtrooper:
I am choosing to go with a set of 4 Offense mods and 2 Critical Chance mods to gain as much as possible in these two areas. In terms of the Holo-Array (Triangle) one could go either CC or CD as the primary here based on what you want from your First Order Stormtrooper.
- Transmitter (Square) – Offense mod with offense primary and a focus on critical chance, potency and health/protection
- Receiver (Arrow) – Offense mod with +30 speed
- Processor (Diamond) – Critical Chance mod with defense primary and a focus on critical chance, protection and potency
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Offense mod with+36% Critical Damage primary
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Critical Chance mod with protection primary and a focus on defense, potency and protection
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Offense mod with +24% potency primary with a focus on health, protection and critical chance