Welcome to the First Order Stormtrooper mods guide, another article in our series about Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for individual characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively. These are mod recommendations and they are certainly not the only option. However we look to help players maximize their characters in SWGoH and we are always open to hearing your feedback @GamingFansDFN on Twitter if you have a mod setup that works well in your own gameplay.
Today’s character to review mods for will be the First Order Stormtrooper (FOST), a tank who taunts and can slow down opposing players with his basic attack, Hindering Shot. A decent farm, FOST who has been available on Dark Side 2-A as well as Light Side boards 2-B for over three years. While he was used a lot in the Grand Arena Championships and Territory Wars on a First Order team defensively, his value skyrocketed when it was announced that FOST is a Galactic Legend required character to compete to unlock the 2020 version of Kylo Ren. Let’s take a look at which mods best enhance his kit below.
Main Focus: While every character needs Speed (yes, I do say this every time because it is true), we will focus on that stat below. The purpose of having the First Order Stormtrooper in your squad is to taunt and protect your attackers, so the first are to focus on is survivability in the forms of Health, Protection and Defense. While Defense is the stat that best enhances his kit individually, Health and Protection are incredibly important as well. Under a Kylo Ren (Unmasked) leadership all First Order allies gain 5% Health and 5% Protection when they gain a status effect, so build each of these stats to improve his survivability.
Additional Areas to Focus: Critical Chance, Potency, Speed, Tenacity & more survivability. High Critical Chance is strategic advantage since a critical hit should the speed down debuff, however Potency is also needed to make it “stick” since he can land the Speed Down even on non-critical hits. Speed is always a good thing to have as you want him taunting, so add Speed from the secondary stats to help him get to his turn and some Tenacity to help avoid debuffs are a good idea.
In-game Mod Recommendations: Defense. Given the higher value of Defense mods and his Defense Up when he taunts, this is right in line with how I see FOST post Mods 2.0, however Health mods are a good fit as well if this better aligns with your mod inventory.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH First Order Stormtrooper:
I am choosing to go with a set of 4 Defense mods and 2 Health mods or simply 6 Defense mods to gain as much survivability as possible. Ironically, I was using a different strategy on my personal account until reviewing this article, and made updates to my First Order Stormtrooper only to find that the new-look for his mods aligned exactly with what I was recommending here. Here are my recommendations for the Best Mods for FOST.
- Transmitter (Square) – Defense mod with offense primary and a secondary focus on critical chance, health and defense and protection
- Receiver (Arrow) – Defense mod with health, defense or speed primary and a secondary focus on speed (if applicable), protection, health and potency/critical chance/tenacity
- Processor (Diamond) – Health mod with defense primary and a secondary focus on speed, protection, health and potency or tenacity
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Health mod with defense or health primary and a secondary focus on speed, protection, health and potency
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Defense mod with protection primary and a secondary focus on defense, speed, potency and critical chance
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Defense mod with health or defense primary and a secondary focus on speed, protection, health and potency/critical chance