Welcome to the IG-88 mods guide – the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively. These are mod recommendations and they are certainly not the only option. However we look to help players maximize their characters in SWGoH and we are always open to feedback if you have a mod setup that works well of your gameplay.
Today’s toon to review mods for is the Droid Bounty Hunter IG-88. An early common member of the Phase 2 team for many on the AAT or Heroic AAT, IG-88’s droid synergy under a HK-47 lead made him a popular play. The April 2018 Bounty Hunter faction rework saw IG-88 get a Zeta ability added and a new Payout ability when his Bounty Hunter contract is fulfilled. In addition, IG-88’s value improved yet again when his IG-2000 ship was added to SWGoH in late September 2018.
Main Focus: Critical Chance. I used to list Speed as the main focus for IG-88, but the Bounty Hunter faction rework made CC even more valuable for IG-88. Now his AoE special attack, Rapid Fire, lands the Target Lock debuff on a critical hit. Target Lock, when used well, can be a very valuable debuff to hurt your enemies and beef up IG-88’s value.
Additional Areas to Focus: Speed, Potency, Critical Damage and survivability in the form of Health. The faster IG-88 is the better as he needs to hit hard and hit often. Potency is an area to focus on since IG-88’s Mortal Wound basic can apply Healing Immunity and Rapid Fire special can inflict both the defense down and ability block debuffs. Rapid Fire also adds a Target Lock debuff to any enemy critically hit after the rework, so adding Potency will help this debuff “stick” now that his AoE is even more important than before. Critical Damage is the logical tag along to a high CC toon since the hits will be bigger and any additional offense boost is a plus since we know that offense directly impacts Critical Chance and Critical Damage stats as well. Finally, making IG-88 more survivable by adding Health is a good move as each time he recovers 50% Health whenever he damages a Target Locked enemy, so look to pair him with others using Target Lock as well like the Imperial Probe Droid.
In-game Mod Recommendations: Critical Damage & Critical Chance.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH IG-88:
Once upon a time, IG-88 was a regular in the Arena before the Wiggs and Zeta Maul metas, and while many ignored droids at first, the addition of the Tank Takedown raid (AAT/HAAT) was a breath of new life into the 3 FTP droids. But then HAAT became “easy” to many players in high-level guilds and the Bounty Hunters eventually got a rework. In order to maximize IG-88’s effectiveness, getting the right sets of mods is important. I would prefer the mix below to ensure IG-88 has high speed, max CD, high CC and high potency.
- Transmitter (Square) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, potency, health and critical chance
- Receiver (Arrow) – Critical Chance mod with +30 speed – all other stats gained are bonus, but CC and health are preferred
- Processor (Diamond) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, offense, health and critical chance
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Critical Damage mod with critical damage +36% – all other stats gained are bonus, but CC and potency are preferred
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Critical Chance with primary focus on health and a secondary focus on speed, offense, potency and critical chance
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Critical Damage with +24% potency – all other stats gained are bonus, but CC, speed and health are preferred
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg