The Bounty Hunter faction has been one that many have felt were in need a of a rework for some time, and the time is now. Our fellow EA GameChangers for SWGoH announced yesterday the details of the Bounty Hunter faction rework which are detailed below and also available on the EA forums. Items in italics are the changes to the old kits.
UNIT NAME: IG – 88
Special 1: RAPID FIRE
Final Text: Deal Physical damage to all enemies with a 55% chance to inflict Ability Block for 1 turn and a 50% chance to inflict Defense Down for 2 turns. Inflict Target Lock on enemies that are Critically Hit for 3 turns.
Leader: RESOURCEFUL PURSUER
- Final Text: All allies gain 20% Critical Chance and inflict a Damage Over Time effect whenever they score a Critical Hit. When IG-88 is in the Leader slot, and not the Ally slot, the following Contract is active:
- Contract: Score Critical Hits against debuffed enemies 10 times.
- Reward: All Bounty Hunter allies gain +25% Offense and Potency for the rest of the battle.
Unique: ADAPTIVE AIM ALGORITHM
Final Text: (ZETA) IG-88 has +45% Critical Damage and recovers 50% Health whenever he damages a Target Locked enemy. In addition, he has +20% Offense for each debuffed enemy and +50% Evasion against Target Locked enemies. While IG-88 is active, Target Locked enemies can’t recover Health or Protection.
Contract: IG-88’s PAYOUT
- Final Text: Whenever IG-88 receives Rewards from a Contract, he also gains the following Payout. (Contracts are granted by certain Bounty Hunter Leader Abilities.)
- Payout: For the rest of the battle, IG-88’s Critical Hits to enemies reduce their Tenacity by -10% (stacking), his attacks ignore 50% Defense of Target Locked enemies, and he has +25% Offense if there is an enemy with Target Lock.
IG-88 joins Imperial Probe Droid as one of the only characters to provide Target Lock in character combat, which allows him to work effectively in both Bounty Hunter and Droid teams. IG-88 hammers opponents with a strong basic attack, and the tenacity shredding effect granted by his contract payout helps Bounty Hunter teams apply more debuffs as battles progress. IG-88 becomes more of a menace as the battle rages on by gaining bonus evasion and health from Target Locked enemies, while ignoring fifty percent of their Defense.
UNIT NAME: BOBA FETT
Special 2: EXECUTE
Final Text: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and Dispel all buffs and debuffs on them. Deal 30% more damage for each effect Dispelled. If this attack defeats the target, they can’t be Revived and Boba Fett reduces his cooldowns by 1; otherwise, inflict Healing Immunity for 2 turns. This ability can’t be Evaded.
Leader: DEAD OR ALIVE
- Final Text: All allies gain 50% Critical Damage and 10% Critical Chance. Bounty Hunter allies gain 15 Speed for each debuffed enemy, gain Max Health equal to 50% of the total Potency of all Bounty Hunter allies, and gain 15% Turn Meter whenever a Thermal Detonator explodes. When Boba Fett is in the Leader slot, and not the Ally slot, the following Contract is active:
- Contract: Defeat the first enemy that takes a turn in any encounter. (All Bounty Hunter allies can contribute to the Contract.)
- Reward: All Bounty Hunter allies have +25% Tenacity for the rest of the battle.
Contract: BOBA FETT’S PAYOUT
- Final Text: Whenever Boba Fett receives Rewards from a Contract, he also gains the following Payout. (Contracts are granted by certain Bounty Hunter Leader Abilities.)
- Payout: Boba Fett gains 100% Turn Meter and, for the rest of the battle, has +50 Speed and additional Defense Penetration equal to 200% of his Defense Penetration.
Boba gains a powerful damage boost when he completes his contract, tripling his Armor Penetration and taking a turn immediately. Boba Fett also acts as a great source of Dispel, damage, and control for the Bounty Hunter faction. His ability to Revive helps make the team more resistant to burst damage, while his leader ability doles out Critical Damage, Critical Chance, Speed, Health and Turn Meter to the whole squad.
UNIT NAME: GREEDO
Basic: WHO SHOT FIRST?
Final Text: Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 70% chance to gain Potency Up for 1 turn. When attacking an enemy with a Thermal Detonator, this attack has +25% Critical Damage.
Special 1: EXPLOSIVE SABOTAGE (Cooldown 5)
Final Text: Place Thermal Detonators on all enemies that explode after 2 turns. When these Thermal Detonators explode, Greedo gains 25% Turn Meter.
Special 2: THREATEN (Cooldown 4)
Final Text: (ZETA) All allies gain Critical Chance Up for 2 turns. Reduce target enemy’s Turn Meter (Can’t be Resisted except by Raid Bosses) by an amount equal to Greedo’s Critical Chance. Then Greedo gains an equal amount of Turn Meter removed this way. If the target is reduced to less than 20% Turn Meter, Stun them for 1 turn, which can’t be Resisted. Additionally, Dispel all buffs on target enemy. This attack can’t be Evaded.
- Final Text: Scoundrel allies gain 50% Critical Damage. When Greedo is in the Leader slot, and not the Ally slot, the following Contract is active:
- Contract: Damage an enemy with less than 50% Turn Meter 10 times with a Basic Ability. (All Bounty Hunter allies can contribute to the Contract.)
- Reward: All Bounty Hunter allies have +50% Critical Damage for the rest of the battle.
Contract: GREEDO’s PAYOUT
- When Greedo receives a Reward from a Contract, he also gains the following Payout. (Contracts are granted by certain Bounty Hunter Leader Abilities.)
- Payout: Greedo has +50% Health Steal, +25% Critical Damage, and +75% Counter Chance until the end of the battle.
With increased damage, fancier thermal detonators, and a brand new ability that dispels and stuns, Greedo easily earns his place in a competitive Bounty Hunter squad. His kit includes great counter chance, critical damage boost for the whole squad, and enough health steal to give him increased sustainability during battle. Greedo also uses two-way Turn Meter manipulation during the fight to increase his actions while lowering the opponent’s chances to strike.
UNIT NAME: DENGAR
Special 1: BLAST & SMASH
Final Text: Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 75% chance to inflict Speed Down for 3 turns. If the target had 50% Turn Meter or more, they are also Stunned for 1 turn.
Special 2: MINI-MINE MAYHEM
Final Text: Deal Physical damage to all enemies. Deal Physical damage 2 times to random enemies, dealing 50% less damage. Then, inflict negative effects on all enemies that suffer a Critical Hit. Effects inflicted depend on number of Critical Hits scored.
- 1 Critical Hit: Tenacity Down for 3 turns
- 2 Critical Hits: Damage Over Time for 3 turns and gain Stealth for 2 turns
- 3 Critical Hits: 50% Turn Meter Reduction
Finally, apply 1 Thermal Detonator to a random enemy target for each Bounty Hunter ally.
This attack can’t be Countered.
Leader: JOB SATISFACTION
- Final Text: Bounty Hunter allies have +50% Health Steal. In addition, all enemies have -50% Critical Damage. When Dengar is in the Leader slot, and not the Ally slot, the following Contract is active:
- Contract: Damage the healthiest enemy 10 times. (All Bounty Hunter allies can contribute to the Contract.)
- Reward: All enemies have -20% Offense for the rest of the battle.
Unique: GRIZZLED VETERAN
Final Text: (ZETA) Whenever Dengar receives a Critical Hit, he gains Stealth for 2 turns. Whenever an enemy evades Dengar’s attacks, he gains +60% Turn Meter. Whenever Dengar suffers a debuff, he gains Tenacity Up for 2 turns. While Dengar is Stealthed, enemies can’t gain Stealth. Whenever this ability’s effects trigger, Dengar recovers 3% Health and Protection.
Contract: DENGAR’s PAYOUT
- Final Text: Whenever Dengar receives Rewards from a Contract, he also gains the following Payout. (Contracts are granted by certain Bounty Hunter Leader Abilities.)(Contracts are granted by certain Bounty Hunter Leader Abilities.)
- Payout: Dengar has +25% Offense and +25% Speed. In addition, while Dengar is Stealthed, he has +60% chance to Assist when another Bounty Hunter ally uses a Special ability.
Dengar’s rework turns him into a survivable enabler for the rest of the team. The recovery he receives from “Grizzled Veteran” keeps him in the fight and makes him more durable than ever before. When Dengar is stealthed he denies opponents the ability stealth, which is not only satisfying, but can also be crucial in tracking elusive prey. Once his contract is fulfilled, Dengar starts racking up the damage with constant assists that have a chance to call other assists. Dengar is versatile, as he can be paired with a Bossk lead for more recovery, or a Boba Fett lead for more Turn Meter.