Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for is the Hoth Rebel Soldier. Not to be confused with Hoth Rebel Scout, HR Soldier is another Rebel character who is often overlooked due to having little use in the game to date. However, that has changed to an extent since the launch of SWGoH’s game mode Territory Battles. While Hoth Rebel Soldier was not one I had used a lot due to his bland kit, I obviously use him in Territory Battles: Rebel Assault like everyone else.
Main Focus: Survivability, specifically Health and Defense. Hoth Rebel Soldier is a character that is designed to draw enemy fire to protect his teammates, so the focus should be on keeping him alive as long as possible with Defense and Health first, then on Protection.
Additional Areas to Focus: Speed, Potency and Critical Chance. I am going with Speed here simply because it is so important in this game and the goal of any taunting tank is to get them to taunt as soon as possible, thus adding Speed to Hoth Rebel Soldier is a must given his snail-like 98 base speed. His basic can inflict the Offense Down debuff on any non-Critical hit and will inflict it on any Critical hit so both Potency and Critical Chance are also areas to focus. One could make the argument for Critical Damage, but with HR Soldier being a low offense toon, I would recommend saving your high CD triangles for characters who can hit significantly harder.
In-game Mod Recommendations: Health. Once again, I feel like a deeper dive is needed for these in-game recommendations, and that is what we do here at Gaming-fans.com. Saying “Health” and nothing else is really ignoring a major area of focus for all tanks and specifically this character’s kit that is enhanced through his Rebel Momentum unique – Defense. Every time a Empire enemy is defeated Hoth Rebel Soldier gains Defense Up for 2 turns – this is going to be more effective if he has high defense already, and with the changes from Mods 2.0 the value of Defense mods is much higher.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Hoth Rebel Soldier:
Health, Defense, Potency and Critical Chance mods all make sense for Hoth Rebel Soldier, but put the main focus on the survivability stats. Here is my recommended approach for the best mods for Hoth Rebel Soldier:
- Transmitter (Square) – Defense mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on defense, potency, speed and health
- Receiver (Arrow) – Defense mod with +30 speed primary – all other stats gained are bonus, but defensive stats are preferred
- Processor (Diamond) – Health mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, health, potency and protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Health mod with a primary focus on health or defense and a secondary focus on speed, health, defense and protection
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Defense mod with a primary focus on health and a secondary focus on speed, health, potency and critical chance
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Defense mod with a primary focus on health or defense and a secondary focus on speed, health, potency and protection
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg